Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 390

Thread: Afghans Protest Alleged Koran Desecration

  1. #331
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Afghanistan made none of those attacks.
    Incorrect, AQ was part of the Taliban's government and military sitting on their Ministry of Defense, and forming their 055 Brigade, furthermore, the Taliban granted AQ safe haven from which to recruit, plan, train, and launch attacks against the United States.

  2. #332
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do know they did agree to give him to a neutral country, and did try to broker a last minute deal. We might have gotten justice concerning him faster, and certainly cheaper had we accepted something there. Just a thought. . . . .

    lol it was a ploy to stop the bombing and give them time to regroup. Once the bombs start dropping the time for negotiations is over. Furthermore; he was wanted for crimes in the United States, what crimes would a so called neutral (read Islamic sharia state) country have tried him for?

  3. #333
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,158

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    Incorrect, AQ was part of the Taliban's government and military sitting on their Ministry of Defense, and forming their 055 Brigade, furthermore, the Taliban granted AQ safe haven from which to recruit, plan, train, and launch attacks against the United States.
    Incorrect. The Afghan government offered to hand over OBL BEFORE 911, if evidence was supplied of his wrongdoing. The US refused to recognise them.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #334
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Incorrect. The Afghan government offered to hand over OBL BEFORE 911, if evidence was supplied of his wrongdoing. The US refused to recognise them.
    All of this would have been moot had Clinton been man enough to take him out when he had the chance.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All of this would have been moot had Clinton been man enough to take him out when he had the chance.

    j-mac
    It wouldn't have a made a bit of difference. 9/11 would have still happened. I believe they comment on this in 9/11 commission report. The point is, we choose war of other options.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    lol it was a ploy to stop the bombing and give them time to regroup. Once the bombs start dropping the time for negotiations is over. Furthermore; he was wanted for crimes in the United States, what crimes would a so called neutral (read Islamic sharia state) country have tried him for?
    That may be an opinion, but as we never did either (you know the one before the bombings as well), we'll never know (which is kind of the point).


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Here is what you said.

    Doesn't that imply that the Taleban were acting reasonably while the American government was not?
    Know it doesn't. You read things through you're biased and sKewed lense. It is just a statement of fact. No implicatin at all. But it is why I ask if you have low nation esteem?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #338
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Incorrect. The Afghan government offered to hand over OBL BEFORE 911, if evidence was supplied of his wrongdoing. The US refused to recognise them.
    Incorrect, the affidavits provided to the Taliban for the U.S.S. Cole attack and Tanzania and Nairobi bombings provided copious amounts of evidence for Bin Laden's wrong doings and this evidence had already been provided to the international community and the United Nations prompting the UNSC to UNANIMOUSLY pass UNSC Resolutions 1189, and 1267, placing sanctions on the Taliban, the Taliban claimed that this was not sufficient evidence for extradition and claimed that a U.S. court did not have jurisdiction over Muslims anyways. Furthermore; you sir are just plain wrong about your assertion that they offered to hand him over before military action had been taken, they laughably offered to try him themselves in a Sharia court, they only offered to hand him over to a third country 8 days AFTER the bombing had already begun!
    Last edited by Stormageddon; 03-09-12 at 03:03 AM.

  9. #339
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may be an opinion, but as we never did either (you know the one before the bombings as well), we'll never know (which is kind of the point).

    There was no "one before the bombings," they had only offered to try him themselves, and the evidence for Bin Laden's culpability in the murder of U.S. citizens had in fact been presented in detail to the Taliban (and the entire world) for the Tanzania, Nairobi, and U.S.S. Cole Bombings and they refused to extradite him, so we do in fact know that the Taliban were playing games.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Know it doesn't. You read things through you're biased and sKewed lense. It is just a statement of fact. No implicatin at all. But it is why I ask if you have low nation esteem?
    You make the statement

    You do know they did agree to give him to a neutral country, and did try to broker a last minute deal. We might have gotten justice concerning him faster, and certainly cheaper had we accepted something there.
    and then claim there are no implications??? Then why post it? What was your point?

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •