Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 390

Thread: Afghans Protest Alleged Koran Desecration

  1. #131
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Shame on you! We can ****in pop a blood vessel if someone dares to display a nativity in this country, but you have to be very understanding and sensitive to the Muslims!!! Dont you know how important their culture and faith is to them???
    No where did I say that? Did anyone? Or is this more hyperbolic strawman stuff?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #132
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A very different environment, but without supervision, someone could have gotten hurt.

    We're only slightly better when it comes to over-reacting.
    Ooooooooh, yeah! Right on the edge of growing out of control, huh???

    Whatever, my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ooooooooh, yeah! Right on the edge of growing out of control, huh???

    Whatever, my man.
    You miss the point. Artifacts and symbols matter, even to us.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    I'll be the honest guy on here. Who friggin cares? We're outta there in two years, we can't win it the way we should because we're fighting with one hand tied behind our back, and they don't want us there anyway. This isn't Iraq. Most Iraqi's actually wanted us there and liked a lot of what we did for them. Afghani's could care less, so why should we? The COIN thing everyone on here claims to know about doesn't work over there. What we're doing over there isn't even COIN! I stopped caring about Afghanistan when I left there. I still care about Iraq, they want to be better. Afghanistan can become nuclear fodder for Iran for all I care.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #135
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,670

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No where did I say that? Did anyone? Or is this more hyperbolic strawman stuff?
    On top of your continued trend to regurgitate any and every point as if were straight from "The Liberals Handbook", you also assume life is 'all about you'. tell me there arent a significant number of posts in this thread, as well as the evil soldiers pissing on dead mulsims thread, and hell...lets just say EVERY thread involving mulsims where people arent lining up to trip over themselves to defend their delicate sensitivities, or to rush to defend 'the faithful' whenever someone is slaughtered in the name of 'honor'...cuz really really guys...its not all of them...

    And while my comment to apdst wasnt ABOUT you...hell...you are doing the same thing. "Look how bad WE overreact. OK...sure...no one is killing people when Christianity is assaulted..but still...its the same thing..." Yeah...dood...its PRECISELY the same thing.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 02-22-12 at 08:02 PM.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You miss the point. Artifacts and symbols matter, even to us.
    True, but most of us aren't going to start burning **** down and killing people over it.

    I would say that I'm amazed that you don't see the difference...but...I'm not. I mean, really; I'm not all that surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    On top of your continued trend to regurgitate any and every point as if were straight from "The Liberals Handbook", you also assume life is 'all about you'. tell me there arent a significant number of posts in this thread, as well as the evil soldiers pissing on dead mulsims thread, and hell...lets just say EVERY thread involving mulsims where people arent lining up to trip over themselves to defend their delicate sensitivities, or to rush to defend 'the faithful' whenever someone is slaughtered in the name of 'honor'...cuz really really guys...its not all of them...

    And while my comment to Apdst wasnt ABOUT you...hell...you are doing the same thing. "Look how bad WE overreact. OK...sure...no one is killing people when Christianity is assaulted..but still...its the same thing..." Yeah...dood...its PRECISELY the same thing.
    I've never seen a liberals handbook. Could you provide one so I know what it is?

    I tell you what I think. I think it's lazy, a cheat, to try to skip what is being said and throw such a hyperbolic strawman as you just did, be it about me or anyone. Again, I asked has anyone done this.

    And no, you do the same thing with my argument, misrepresenting what it is. Mine is merely a pragmatic one. It was a mistake. It works against their mission. It is proper to point this out.

    I know it is hard to actually listen to and understand an argument. Much easier to throw out BS. I understand. But do realize you will be called on it from time to time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #138
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've never seen a liberals handbook. Could you provide one so I know what it is?

    I tell you what I think. I think it's lazy, a cheat, to try to skip what is being said and throw such a hyperbolic strawman as you just did, be it about me or anyone. Again, I asked has anyone done this.

    And no, you do the same thing with my argument, misrepresenting what it is. Mine is merely a pragmatic one. It was a mistake. It works against their mission. It is proper to point this out.

    I know it is hard to actually listen to and understand an argument. Much easier to throw out BS. I understand. But do realize you will be called on it from time to time.
    Which is exactly what is happening to you, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #139
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,670

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've never seen a liberals handbook. Could you provide one so I know what it is?

    I tell you what I think. I think it's lazy, a cheat, to try to skip what is being said and throw such a hyperbolic strawman as you just did, be it about me or anyone. Again, I asked has anyone done this.

    And no, you do the same thing with my argument, misrepresenting what it is. Mine is merely a pragmatic one. It was a mistake. It works against their mission. It is proper to point this out.

    I know it is hard to actually listen to and understand an argument. Much easier to throw out BS. I understand. But do realize you will be called on it from time to time.
    Sorry man...all I hear when you talk is "You're my favorite deputy"...

  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sorry man...all I hear when you talk is "You're my favorite deputy"...
    Oh no you didn't!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •