Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 513

Thread: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

  1. #41
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So what caused it to go to $4 last time? Oh yeah, it was Bush and speculators and Ann Coulter and Halliburton, if I recall. I get them all mixed up when a Republican is in office.

    Obama's and liberal's disinterest in solving our infrastructure problem is THE problem.
    It's all Obama's fault. Everything is Obama's fault. Fortunately, you will be able to blame him for four more years. Must really suck to be a conservative these days.

  2. #42
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Build the Keystone pipeline, drill here and drill now, and **** Obama
    The U.S. lacks the capabilities to offset any supply disruptions from the middle east. Are you aware of how long it takes to get an oil rig up, running, and pumping?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The U.S. lacks the capabilities to offset any supply disruptions from the middle east. Are you aware of how long it takes to get an oil rig up, running, and pumping?
    This is the fast food, quick fix, drive through banking generation..............

  4. #44
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    News Headlines



    I just don't get it.

    You build a a new refinery or two, which will directly and indirectly create hundreds of thousands of jobs, and you drive the price down on gasoline, groceries, travel, and everything else. You run that pipleline and you pick up our on- and off-shore drilling production, too

    Basically, Obama has extended the social security tax cut so people get to keep another $40 per month, then gas prices spiral upward so all that and more goes back into the gas tank. What is the point?

    Why we let this go on, while other countries simply pick up the slack and gouge us on the back end, is completely beyond me.

    But I guess the Jedi global-warming mind tricks always work on the weak minded, eh Obi Wan?
    Has nothing to do with Obama, Republicans, Democrats, or the tooth fairy either, for that matter. Iran just cut off the oil to England and France, which are now competing for supplies that generally go to the US. Gas is going to be over 5 bucks a gallon by this summer.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #45
    Professor
    00timh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    upstate NY
    Last Seen
    01-24-14 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,318

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Has nothing to do with Obama, Republicans, Democrats, or the tooth fairy either, for that matter. Iran just cut off the oil to England and France, which are now competing for supplies that generally go to the US. Gas is going to be over 5 bucks a gallon by this summer.
    You would have to think that the Obama administration, as incompetent as it is, would do anything in its power to prevent a huge spike in the price of oil. $5 a gallon gas will spiral our economy back to 2008 and that is the one thing that Obama can count on to lose the election.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It's all Obama's fault. Everything is Obama's fault. Fortunately, you will be able to blame him for four more years. Must really suck to be a conservative these days.
    You can't fix stupid, and unfortunately, a huge portion of this country's electorate won't vote against their welfare handout masters.

    Still, independents are freaking out over your abortion of a president, so I wouldn't count your chickens before they come home to roost, as your beloved Reverend Wright would say.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You can't fix stupid, and unfortunately, a huge portion of this country's electorate won't vote against their welfare handout masters.

    Still, independents are freaking out over your abortion of a president, so I wouldn't count your chickens before they come home to roost, as your beloved Reverend Wright would say.
    Are you so inculcated with hate that you actually believe that Obama wants anything but a restructuring of failed policies?

    Do you truly believe that he wants to destroy the US?

  8. #48
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by 00timh View Post
    You would have to think that the Obama administration, as incompetent as it is, would do anything in its power to prevent a huge spike in the price of oil. $5 a gallon gas will spiral our economy back to 2008 and that is the one thing that Obama can count on to lose the election.
    I fortunate that I can afford it, and I'm almost tempted to root for this, but it just kills so many family budgets and causes so much hyperinflationary concerns from Wall Street to Main Street, it's got to be curtailed.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I fortunate that I can afford it, and I'm almost tempted to root for this, but it just kills so many family budgets and causes so much hyperinflationary concerns from Wall Street to Main Street, it's got to be curtailed.
    Are you so naive that you think gas will ever again be cheap?

    And, are you so naive that you think Obama runs the oil world?

  10. #50
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Are you so inculcated with hate that you actually believe that Obama wants anything but a restructuring of failed policies?

    Do you truly believe that he wants to destroy the US?
    As we know it....yes. He envisions a Europeanized version of the U.S., where we coexist but do not dominate. You can't hang with Bill Ayers and Reverend Wrights of the world and cut your teeth in Chicago politics, and have a real appreciate for true American exceptionalism.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •