Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 513

Thread: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

  1. #411
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Great evidence to support your position.........
    Out of the 20 contracts in your link, an American company got ONE !!

    Very impressive ............[/QUOTE]

    There are very few "American oil companies" in existence, they have merged with bigger western oil companies. And you do not have a clue how the world oil market works. It was about getting the big Western oil companies back in Iraq for the first time in over 3 decades. And we did!


    Mission accomplished as the banner said!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #412
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    And higher CAFE ratings easily passed. Both being positive turn of events for both parties. Neither negates past actions.
    What may be the most recent legislative CAFE action (increasing CAFE standards), the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, passed the House with 50% of the voting Republicans voting no while only 2% of the voting Democrats voted no.

    It passed the Senate with 15% of the voting Republicans voting no while only 2% of the voting Democrats voted no.

    Clearly the Republicans in the House did not think it a positive turn of events. Votes: Bill Summary & Status - 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) - H.R.6 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)


    And what does the current Obama proposal to increase CAFE once again bring us from the positive party on the right ?

    Once again... the party of No.

  3. #413
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    There are very few "American oil companies" in existence, they have merged with bigger western oil companies. And you do not have a clue how the world oil market works. It was about getting the big Western oil companies back in Iraq for the first time in over 3 decades. And we did!


    Mission accomplished as the banner said!!!

    Cat speak....American oil companies drilling = BAD! Russian/Chinese + Cuban oil drilling 60 miles off the American coast = perfectly fine.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #414
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry, replying to Karl View Post
    Them's the facts. Sorry.
    Facts without context are like the emperor without clothes... impressive only to the servile, humorous to the observant, and a reason to seek rational conversation elsewhere for the intelligent.

  5. #415
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    What may be the most recent legislative CAFE action (increasing CAFE standards), the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, passed the House with 50% of the voting Republicans voting no while only 2% of the voting Democrats voted no.

    It passed the Senate with 15% of the voting Republicans voting no while only 2% of the voting Democrats voted no.

    Clearly the Republicans in the House did not think it a positive turn of events. Votes: Bill Summary & Status - 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) - H.R.6 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)


    And what does the current Obama proposal to increase CAFE once again bring us from the positive party on the right ?

    Once again... the party of No.

    Lovin the examples of how progressives want to absolutely trash the existing infrastructure without ANYTHING proven to replace it.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #416
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Facts without context are like the emperor without clothes... impressive only to the servile, humorous to the observant, and a reason to seek rational conversation elsewhere for the intelligent.

    Ok, Buh bye now.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #417
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    [...] If you don't drive, you don't pay for highways. [...]
    Facts not in evidence.

    the federal tax on gasoline [...] accounts for about 45 to 50 percent of capital spending for transportation.

    Paying for roads vexes experts | Hattiesburg American | hattiesburgamerican.com
    Chew on that, then give us a source for your claims.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Name a company that was a huge contributor to Obama. BP
    Your claim is incorrect. Of course, since you provide no source, we'd expect that.

    In 2008 and earlier, BP gave about twice as much to Republicans as they did to Democrats. If you can read a chart, then read all about it: BP: Summary | OpenSecrets

  9. #419
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Due to the price of fuel doubling, I would say they are making twice the amount on taxes.




  10. #420
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Gas prices are highest ever for this time of year

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Cat speak....American oil companies drilling = BAD! Russian/Chinese + Cuban oil drilling 60 miles off the American coast = perfectly fine.


    j-mac
    That's your strawman.

    I've said nothing about America oil companies being bad nor anything about Russian/Chinese/cuban oil drilling.

    What I've actually stated and no one has disproved, is there has not been a single year under either party since 1971 when the US produced more oil than it consumes.

    And that the big Western oil companies would not be back in Iraq for the first time in over 3 decades without our war on Iraq. They were kicked out when Iraq nationalized its oil.

    Mission accomplished!!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •