Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 91

Thread: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Does a Saudi woman in Saudi Arabia have the right to date whomever she wishes? And if she chooses to date a man and is seen in public with him is she at risk?
    Marriages are arranged..

    Why?

    They don't "date"..

    Its a mistake for foreigners to force change on other cultures.. you see it never works.

  2. #42
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quotes from the Quran, Surahs, and Hadiths regarding women that form the basis for how women are to be treated under sharia law.


    Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."


    Qur'an 4:11 "Allah directs you in regard of your Children's (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females.... These are settled portions ordained by Allah."


    Qur'an 2:282 "And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women [a man is worth two women, and one man is always needed], such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her."

    Qur'an 4:43 "Believers, approach not prayers with a mind befogged or intoxicated until you understand what you utter. Nor when you are polluted, until after you have bathed. If you are ill, or on a journey, or come from answering the call of nature, or you have touched a woman, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean dirt, and rub your faces and hands. Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving."

    Qur'an 4:15 "If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death claims them."

    Qur'an 24:1 "This is a surah which We have revealed and made obligatory and in which We have revealed clear communications that you may be mindful. For the woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah. And let a party of the Believers witness their punishment."

    Qur'an 24:6 "And for those who launch a charge against their wives, accusing them, but have no witnesses or evidence, except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing four times) by Allah that he is the one speaking the truth."

    Muslim:B1N142 "O womenfolk, you should ask for forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell.' A wise lady said: Why is it, Allah's Apostle, that women comprise the bulk of the inhabitants of Hell? The Prophet observed: 'You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. You lack common sense, fail in religion and rob the wisdom of the wise.' Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense? The Prophet replied, 'Your lack of common sense can be determined from the fact that the evidence of two women is equal to one man. That is a proof."

    Bukhari:V3B48N826 "The Prophet said, 'Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?' The women said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."
    Last edited by SgtRock; 02-19-12 at 03:51 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    ...Its a mistake for foreigners to force change on other cultures.. you see it never works.
    The Afrikaaners said the same thing about folks who demanded the end to Apartheid.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Don't quote scripture to me when you have little understanding.. of the overall culture and have never lived in Arabia.

    The biggest thing you can beat your wife with is a Miswak....There's very little domestic violence because the husband would have to deal with his wife's father, brothers and sons.. and because divorce is readily in Arabia.


    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Quotes from the Quran Surahs and Hadiths regarding women that form the basis for how women are to be treated under sharia law.

    Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."


    Qur'an 4:11 "Allah directs you in regard of your Children's (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females.... These are settled portions ordained by Allah."


    Qur'an 2:282 "And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women [a man is worth two women, and one man is always needed], such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her."

    Qur'an 4:43 "Believers, approach not prayers with a mind befogged or intoxicated until you understand what you utter. Nor when you are polluted, until after you have bathed. If you are ill, or on a journey, or come from answering the call of nature, or you have touched a woman, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean dirt, and rub your faces and hands. Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving."

    Qur'an 4:15 "If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death claims them."

    Qur'an 24:1 "This is a surah which We have revealed and made obligatory and in which We have revealed clear communications that you may be mindful. For the woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah. And let a party of the Believers witness their punishment."

    Qur'an 24:6 "And for those who launch a charge against their wives, accusing them, but have no witnesses or evidence, except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing four times) by Allah that he is the one speaking the truth."

    Muslim:B1N142 "O womenfolk, you should ask for forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell.' A wise lady said: Why is it, Allah's Apostle, that women comprise the bulk of the inhabitants of Hell? The Prophet observed: 'You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. You lack common sense, fail in religion and rob the wisdom of the wise.' Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense? The Prophet replied, 'Your lack of common sense can be determined from the fact that the evidence of two women is equal to one man. That is a proof."

    Bukhari:V3B48N826 "The Prophet said, 'Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?' The women said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind."

  5. #45
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Marriages are arranged..

    Why?

    They don't "date"..

    Its a mistake for foreigners to force change on other cultures.. you see it never works.
    Because women should not have the right to date whomever they wish. They can not be trusted. They are not as smart as men. They are like domestic animals, right?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The Afrikaaners said the same thing about folks who demanded the end to Apartheid.
    Ah.. you are speaking of White European immigrants to South Africa.

    That is NOT a problem in Arabia.. They were never a colony .....

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Because women should not have the right to date whomever they wish. They can not be trusted. They are not as smart as men. They are like domestic animals, right?
    Do you want foreigners demanding that Israelis be forbidden the right to dress like Haredi or force them to eat pork?

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Do you want foreigners demanding that Israelis be forbidden the right to dress like Haredi or force them to eat pork?
    do you think it was wrong to demand South Africa end Apartheid?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    do you think it was wrong to demand South Africa end Apartheid?
    No... and do remember is was white immigrant privilege over the rights of native South Africans.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Saudi Arabia says no to women Olympians

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    No... and do remember is was white immigrant privilege over the rights of native South Africans.
    the white South Africans became natives too...after a few generations. and it was THEIR culture, to see blacks as inferior.

    who were we, to try to change South African culture...right?


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •