Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 796

Thread: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

  1. #751
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    No. Iran refused the deal. Maybe The Iranian official accepted (2009) but the higher-ups refused later, halting the deal altogether.
    Still drinking the Republicon Kool-Aid, aye ... well like Iraq and WMD you've been duped again, but 60% of the public or more is not buying the fear campaign and wants to leave Afghanistan/Pakistan, they know the perpetual warfare excuses are a smokescreen for gas companies stranglehold over Washington.

    Well, its clear now why the NeoCons in the PNAC document needed a "new Pearl Harbor," so they and Obama/Hillary could always fall back on that 9/11 false flag, as justification to start all the oil wars they want.

  2. #752
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Still drinking the Republicon Kool-Aid, aye ... well like Iraq and WMD you've been duped again, but 60% of the public or more is not buying the fear campaign and wants to leave Afghanistan/Pakistan, they know the perpetual warfare excuses are a smokescreen for gas companies stranglehold over Washington.

    Well, its clear now why the NeoCons in the PNAC document needed a "new Pearl Harbor," so they and Obama/Hillary could always fall back on that 9/11 false flag, as justification to start all the oil wars they want.
    You presume much. Your Daalek circuitry needs a reboot. I want to get out of Afghanistan as much as any one else. I've said so in other threads. I also want to avoid oil wars as much as anybody else and I've expressed that vehemently in other threads. Still think I'm drinking the punch?

    The situation with Iran is not an "oil war." It's over the "possible" development of nuclear weapons by Iran (not the same thing as access to oil). No one, including myself, wants a conflict with Iran. We have other, domestic, concerns to worry about without worrying about an insignificant, tin-plated, petty theocracy like Iran. Unfortunately, this insignificant country sees itself as THE middle-eastern superpower and foolishly believes that possession of nuclear power and long range missiles will make it a superpower. This is naive at best. Ultimately this will create more problems for Iran than it solves.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  3. #753
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    The mind set of the One Party State ...

    EXTERMINATE !!!

  4. #754
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    We live within such a mindset of paranoia. We're worried about 1 country possibly obtaining 1 nuclear weapon. Israel has 200-300 nuclear weapons and a much more powerful military force. If they want to attack Iran, then fine but they do it under their own conditions. We shouldn't be dragged into another war based on the politics of Israel. We respect their sovereignty and allow them to make decisions on their own and risk the consequences that may come with it.

    We're always in a state of perpetual war and it is time to stop allowing the poor to fight the wars of the rich. It is time to stop losing American lives in countries thousands of miles away when we have our own problems here in the United States. We dealt with a country for years that had 30,000 nuclear weapons and we're paranoid about Iran having the possibility of getting 1 with no capability of reaching our shores?

    Stop this nonsense! We cannot promote peace with bombs. We cannot spread freedom with blood. I am tired of good people dying in foreign countries for reasons that have NOTHING at all to do with preserving our freedoms. I am tired of people banging on the drums of war when there is no need for it at all!
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  5. #755
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    You presume much. Your Daalek circuitry needs a reboot. I want to get out of Afghanistan as much as any one else. I've said so in other threads. I also want to avoid oil wars as much as anybody else and I've expressed that vehemently in other threads. Still think I'm drinking the punch?

    The situation with Iran is not an "oil war." It's over the "possible" development of nuclear weapons by Iran (not the same thing as access to oil). No one, including myself, wants a conflict with Iran. We have other, domestic, concerns to worry about without worrying about an insignificant, tin-plated, petty theocracy like Iran. Unfortunately, this insignificant country sees itself as THE middle-eastern superpower and foolishly believes that possession of nuclear power and long range missiles will make it a superpower. This is naive at best. Ultimately this will create more problems for Iran than it solves.
    So wait... you believe that a Persian country believes that by acquiring some sort-of magic missile it will magically become a superpower to take over the world for the sake of taking it over a la GI Joe?

    ...what?

  6. #756
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    Wasn't it the US who is accused of being unwilling to negotiate, and therefore being a warmongerer? Yet here is Iran flatly saying they are unwilling to negotiate, and they get a pat on the back. Curious set of standards.
    People applying a double standard to nations in the middle east? Surely not!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #757
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    We live within such a mindset of paranoia. We're worried about 1 country possibly obtaining 1 nuclear weapon. Israel has 200-300 nuclear weapons and a much more powerful military force. If they want to attack Iran, then fine but they do it under their own conditions. We shouldn't be dragged into another war based on the politics of Israel. We respect their sovereignty and allow them to make decisions on their own and risk the consequences that may come with it.

    We're always in a state of perpetual war and it is time to stop allowing the poor to fight the wars of the rich. It is time to stop losing American lives in countries thousands of miles away when we have our own problems here in the United States. We dealt with a country for years that had 30,000 nuclear weapons and we're paranoid about Iran having the possibility of getting 1 with no capability of reaching our shores?

    Stop this nonsense! We cannot promote peace with bombs. We cannot spread freedom with blood. I am tired of good people dying in foreign countries for reasons that have NOTHING at all to do with preserving our freedoms. I am tired of people banging on the drums of war when there is no need for it at all!
    Do you have a credible link for Israel having 200-300 nuclear weapons, or is this just more of the anti-Israeli propaganda so popular here?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #758
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    People applying a double standard to nations in the middle east? Surely not!
    let's have Iran negotiate domestic US nuclear policy...

    and get rid of double standards...

  9. #759
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    So wait... you believe that a Persian country believes that by acquiring some sort-of magic missile it will magically become a superpower to take over the world for the sake of taking it over a la GI Joe?

    ...what?
    "a Persian country"? There's more than one?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #760
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    "a Persian country"? There's more than one?
    'a' dodge?

    I'm sure you can do more...

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •