Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 796

Thread: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

  1. #451
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Sorry, Iran is not pimple on the ass of America, militarily.
    Now Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said "the growing threat of a military strike on [Iran] alarms Russia, no doubt. If this occurs, the consequences will be truly catastrophic. It is impossible to imagine their real scale."

    Still wish to ignore that Iran has the capabilities to carry out military strikes on US interests ?
    Last edited by Connery; 02-26-12 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #452
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Now Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said "the growing threat of a military strike on [Iran] alarms Russia, no doubt. If this occurs, the consequences will be truly catastrophic. It is impossible to imagine their real scale."

    Still wish to ignore that Iran has the capabilities to carry out military strikes on US interests ?
    Just more boogedy-boogedy-boo that apparently you have fallen prey to. Its sort of like in Iraq when some were afraid of an old man with a shotgun, or when some thought if Vietnam fell to communism, so would the rest of the world, like dominoes.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #453
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We have the most powerful military on the planet, Iran has one of the weakest. Iran has not demonstrated they are suicidal. Sorry, I'm not skeered.
    Don't underestimate Iran. They are not near as weak as you seem to think.

    Global Firepower

    Islamic Republic of Iran

    International rankings of Iran military (check the military & defense section)

    And whats more is they are relatively fresh. The US has been fighting multiple wars on mulitple fronts for over a decade now. Yeah, we could probably defeat Iran in a war. But it would leave us vulnerable.

    And seriously, stop with the "skeered" and "panic" crap. This isn't about either one and you know it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #454
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Don't underestimate Iran. They are not near as weak as you seem to think.

    Global Firepower

    Islamic Republic of Iran

    International rankings of Iran military (check the military & defense section)

    And whats more is they are relatively fresh. The US has been fighting multiple wars on mulitple fronts for over a decade now. Yeah, we could probably defeat Iran in a war. But it would leave us vulnerable.

    And seriously, stop with the "skeered" and "panic" crap. This isn't about either one and you know it.

    Haven't you guys been saying we should be afraid enough to strike Iran? What else is the point of your post?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #455
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Just more boogedy-boogedy-boo that apparently you have fallen prey to. Its sort of like in Iraq when some were afraid of an old man with a shotgun, or when some thought if Vietnam fell to communism, so would the rest of the world, like dominoes.

    To dismiss out of hand is foolhardy and thoughtless. According to GlobalFirepower.com Iran ranks 12th, Russia 2, the US 1, for example. The US has been at "war" for many years and has spread itself out all over the world. The US can and will defeat Iran, yet, that is another front that we would have to expand materiel, troops and money. Iran should be taken seriously. They do not stand alone in the international community as they are a strategic holding where they would receive help; Russia has already stated as much.

    Global Firepower - 2012 World Military Strength Ranking


    BTW the baiting and the nonsense contained in each of your answers is very unbecoming. Please show us all the same courtesy that you would like to receive...

  6. #456
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #457
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    For those that think that I am argueing against Iran and think that I favor going to war with Iran this is my official post to tell you that I am NOT in favor of a conventional war with Iran. I do think that something should be done about Iran but I think that a straight out war with them would leave the US in a precarious situation even if we win. And this is assuming that we go to war with only Iran. Iran is big enough and important enough to have friends that would more than likely aid Iran. Which would make our situation even worse for the simple fact that it would inevitably lead to a global war. I don't think the US could survive a world war in which we are the leaders. Assuming the world survived the possible nuclear war that would happen in a 3rd world war.

    Iran does need to be brought down a peg or two in order to help it grow but it must not be done via a war.

    I don't know what it is about the Middle East but that area seems to me to be the most likely place for a 3rd world war to start if we are not careful. Maybe its the oil, maybe its the history surrounding that area. I don't know. But I do know that we need to get that area grown-up and out of the middle ages.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #458
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    How much is spent is irrelevent. The US spends tons of money on education compared to other countries yet we are not ranked number 1 in education internationally. We also spend tons of money on healthcare and yet we are not ranked #1 internationally.

    What matters is how much their military could hurt our military and how much aid they would get outside of their country (russia for example).

    The US is NOT indestructible.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #459
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For those that think that I am argueing against Iran and think that I favor going to war with Iran this is my official post to tell you that I am NOT in favor of a conventional war with Iran. I do think that something should be done about Iran but I think that a straight out war with them would leave the US in a precarious situation even if we win. And this is assuming that we go to war with only Iran. Iran is big enough and important enough to have friends that would more than likely aid Iran. Which would make our situation even worse for the simple fact that it would inevitably lead to a global war. I don't think the US could survive a world war in which we are the leaders. Assuming the world survived the possible nuclear war that would happen in a 3rd world war.

    Iran does need to be brought down a peg or two in order to help it grow but it must not be done via a war.

    I don't know what it is about the Middle East but that area seems to me to be the most likely place for a 3rd world war to start if we are not careful. Maybe its the oil, maybe its the history surrounding that area. I don't know. But I do know that we need to get that area grown-up and out of the middle ages.


    Striking Iran would be an act of war. What else have you got in mind?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #460
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    How much is spent is irrelevent. The US spends tons of money on education compared to other countries yet we are not ranked number 1 in education internationally. We also spend tons of money on healthcare and yet we are not ranked #1 internationally.

    What matters is how much their military could hurt our military and how much aid they would get outside of their country (russia for example).

    The US is NOT indestructible.
    Neither our military nor NATO has made a determination that Iran is a military threat to to the US, so let's not jump the gun in our level of concern.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •