Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 796

Thread: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

  1. #441
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Congratulations, you found an error in the number of countries in the world.


    I guess that proves there's been no wars for US hegemony. Boy, you are good!!!
    Did I not say that I would point out errors? Did you not believe me when I said this? Is that not an error? Funny how you laught at one point and totally ignore the other point.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #442
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If you wish to panic, knock yourself out. The US isn't and neither is the UN.
    Whose panicing? How many years has everyone been trying to talk Iran out of going nuclear? How many years have we had sanctions on them now? There does come a point when those things are obviously useless. How many more years are you willing to talk and sanction? Are you willing to wait until they DO have nuclear weapons?
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 02-26-12 at 04:24 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #443
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This really makes me mad. What does Iran have to do to satisfy the United States that it is abandoning its efforts to make nuclear weapons? What proof do we have that they are even trying? They are being put in a no-win scenerio. And, yes, it is Iraq all over again. WMDs that didn't exist. Nuclear bombs that don't exist. And even if they do exist, what business is it of ours?
    You don't want Iran to have nukes, not because of what the Iranian government will do with them, but what happens when others in the region react to them having them and what becomes of them when the Iran eventually becomes a failed state. Imagine Pakistan without a decent central government and a military structure thats actually able to keep things operating at least with a modicum of security and order. Thats what Iran will be once the government falls. Not to mention the 100s of proxy orginizations around the world that have intiment knowledge of Iranian military structures due to being arms of the Iraian Revultionary Guard.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  4. #444
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    My point, that Iran is of no military threat to the US, is made by the absence of and such declaration of threat by the US or by the UN. You have yet to present in evidence to the contrary.

    As David Stockman pointed out on GPS today, Iran is not part of the Axis of Evil, they are part of the Axis of Midevil, because they are so backward technologically.



    This was the statement which you have failed to rebut: Iranian ambassador to Moscow, Seyed Mahmoud-Reza Sajjadi declared that Iran has the capabilities to carry out military strikes on US interests around the globe.

    Rather you have ignored the statement, decided to inject your own spurious interpretation and failed to provide a source.

  5. #445
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Whose panicing? How many years has everyone been trying to talk Iran out of going nuclear? How many years have we had sanctions on them now? There does come a point when those things are obviously useless. How many more years are you willing to talk and sanction? Are you willing to wait until they DO have nuclear weapons?

    I'm not panicing even if they do, we have 10,000 nukes and spend as much on the military as the rest of the world combined! It would be like a bear being afraid of an ant!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #446
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    This was the statement which you have failed to rebut: Iranian ambassador to Moscow, Seyed Mahmoud-Reza Sajjadi declared that Iran has the capabilities to carry out military strikes on US interests around the globe.

    Rather you have ignored the statement, decided to inject your own spurious interpretation and failed to provide a source.
    I have not ignored I've told you repeatedly, it is irrelevant. The US does not determine military threat according to the opinion if the Iranian Ambassador.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #447
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have not ignored I've told you repeatedly, it is irrelevant. The US does not determine military threat according to the opinion if the Iranian Ambassador.
    Again it is the totality of the situation. "Director of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Mikhail Dmitriev in a meeting with Iranian Ambassador to Moscow Seyed Mahmoud Reza Sajjadi stressed that his country will continue its military and technical cooperation with Iran. Dmitriev said last November that Russia would continue military-technical cooperation with Iran in domains not included in the UN Security Council June 2010 Resolution."

  8. #448
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'm not panicing even if they do, we have 10,000 nukes and spend as much on the military as the rest of the world combined! It would be like a bear being afraid of an ant!
    We don't have 10k nukes. We have 5k. And it doesn't matter how many nukes a country has. It only takes one to start a war.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #449
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Again it is the totality of the situation. "Director of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Mikhail Dmitriev in a meeting with Iranian Ambassador to Moscow Seyed Mahmoud Reza Sajjadi stressed that his country will continue its military and technical cooperation with Iran. Dmitriev said last November that Russia would continue military-technical cooperation with Iran in domains not included in the UN Security Council June 2010 Resolution."
    Sorry, Iran is not pimple on the ass of America, militarily.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #450
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    We don't have 10k nukes. We have 5k. And it doesn't matter how many nukes a country has. It only takes one to start a war.
    We have the most powerful military on the planet, Iran has one of the weakest. Iran has not demonstrated they are suicidal. Sorry, I'm not skeered.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •