Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 796

Thread: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

  1. #421
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You deemed it biased without refuting the content, or even reading it.
    That does not make it an ad hom.

    And you don't need to read much to know when you're on a biased site.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #422
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    [QUOTE=Kal'Stang;1060235818]
    That does not make it an ad hom.
    "An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.

    And you don't need to read much to know when you're on a biased site.
    I posted the info, of which there was a lot, at 2:23. You responded within that same minute, 2:23. How much could you have read?
    If you think it is biased, it should be easy for you to refute what it says, though you haven't refuted anything, have you?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #423
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.
    I did not say that you or the author of that site was biased. I said the site was biased. The site is not a person and I know nothing of the person that wrote that site so have no opinion on him/her/them either way. Heck from what I saw the site didn't even name an author.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I posted the info, of which there was a lot, at 2:23. You responded within that same minute, 2:23. How much could you have read?
    If you think it is biased, it should be easy for you to refute what it says, though you haven't refuted anything, have you?
    I read the first paragraph. Which was enough for me.

    And the reason that I am not bothering to refute any of it is for the simple fact that when I go to dispute something I do my homework beforehand. And I don't feel like spending hours looking up and pointing at every little thing wrong with that site that I come across.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #424
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I did not say that you or the author of that site was biased. I said the site was biased. The site is not a person and I know nothing of the person that wrote that site so have no opinion on him/her/them either way. Heck from what I saw the site didn't even name an author.
    Site, author, person, it doesn't matter, you ignored the content based on your perceptions of the source.


    I read the first paragraph. Which was enough for me.

    And the reason that I am not bothering to refute any of it is for the simple fact that when I go to dispute something I do my homework beforehand. And I don't feel like spending hours looking up and pointing at every little thing wrong with that site that I come across.
    Well if you ever get around to refuting the facts referenced, let me know!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Biased site.
    OMFG THAT'S THE BEST SITE IVE EVER ****ING SEEN IN A WHILE....

    bookmarking that one.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And the reason that I am not bothering to refute any of it is for the simple fact that when I go to dispute something I do my homework beforehand. And I don't feel like spending hours looking up and pointing at every little thing wrong with that site that I come across.
    If you're disputing the inheritance of Hegemony by the US...
    I suggest propelling yourself against a brick wall, as denying the wall is there is comparably accurate.

  7. #427
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I didn't disagree he said it, my point was that it was irrelevant as evidenced by the lack of an official statement from the US or the UN that Iran was a military threat to the US.



    If you cannot provide proof the US or the UN has stated Iran is a military threat, then it would indeed appear to be the end of this discussion.
    You are suggesting that I prove your point. That is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Connery; 02-26-12 at 10:26 AM.

  8. #428
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Don't you understand we need to fight for Israel?

    They are our only ally in the region.
    You forgot to mention Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Pakistan, and Morocco. That's quite an omission.

    Turkey is host to approximately 90 B61 nuclear bombs at Incirlik Air Base. Other allies include Qatar, where 3,500 US troops are based.
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 02-26-12 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  9. #429
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Tell ya what Catawba I'll tell you the problem that I had with the first paragraph that I read and then we'll just leave it at that as I am not going to go through the whole thing when there are already errors in the first paragraph.

    The US maintains to this day over a dozen direct dependencies, the largest of which is Puerto Rico. Its military forces are active over most of the globe: at last audit about 226 countries have US military troops, 63 of which host American bases, while only 46 countries in the world have no US military presence - a projection of military power that makes the Roman, British, and Soviet empires pale in comparison. The bulk of this document will deal with what is alternatively referred to as "neo-colonialism", "hegemony", "proxy rule", or "informal empire": roughly, a system of "dual elite" political rule, in which domestic elites (the proxy) recieve backing from (are dependent on - to varying degrees) a foreign elite, and in return protect (to varying degrees) the foreign power's interests in the country (security, economic, or domestic political interests). This is, at least, the framework within which I use the terms - as it is generally accepted by students of history. To take an explanation cited by Ariel Cohen as "One of the more successful attempts made to create a coherent theory of empires" in Russian Imperialism:
    First off there are 196 Countries in the world, not 226. So anything based off that number is going to be wrong.

    Second it gives no frame of reference for just how many "troops" are in those countries. For all you know there is 1. Granted I'm sure there's a few more but generally any place that we have an embassy at there is going to be a few troops at that embassy for reasons of security for the US citizens stationed there. That is hardly a "a projection of military power" that that one paragraph says.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #430
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: PAPER: Military action against Iran 'likely'..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Iran sanctions are not working... military action likely .....September-October....

    Friday 17 February 2012
    US officials believe Iran sanctions will fail, making military action likely | World news | The Guardian
    I hope Obama gets that Declaration of War from Congress, ya know? I sure hope he doesn't bypass Congress and get us into an illegal war costing gazillions. You people make sure, call him.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •