Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #581
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no. one should govern for his what his constituents want.
    Zyphlin is actually correct about this. He has no obligation to act based on popularity, and acting according to his stance on an issue is appropriate. When his election rolls around, people can decide whether they want to vote again for him based on his record.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #582
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because to most people its perverse and disgusting to see. Its not what God created men to do and those doing in the eye of most churches are committing a mortal sin and will burn in hell.
    So because Church's say no, we shouldn't do it.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  3. #583
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think anyone that loves their children would feel the same way if they love their children. Since I don't believe for a minute that gays are born that way you as a parent have to make sure you don't raise your children in and environment where that might happen.
    Well, I also don't have a problem with homosexuals, so I'm not worried even if my son does end up being one.

  4. #584
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    So because Church's say no, we shouldn't do it.
    This country is about 90% believers in God so you people do hae a problem
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #585
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's not really the same vein at all. I'm talking about my love for my son. I know myself enough to make the statement that I will love him no matter what. I am only attempting to speak for myself, which I can do. I asked Navy how he would react if hypothetically one of his relatives came out of the closet and he refuses to believe that is even a possibility. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of hypothetical. Navy claims to be able to speak for other people in his family, which isn't the same.
    you have as much control of your feelings as Navy has control of his childrens sexuality.

  6. #586
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This country is about 90% believers in God so you people do hae a problem
    No, the problem I have is when people like you claim others shouldn't have equal rights because their religion says no.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  7. #587
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, I also don't have a problem with homosexuals, so I'm not worried even if my son does end up being one.
    Good for you, I think most people would want sttaight children though...Most would like to be a grandpa or grandma some day. I can tell you I love being one.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #588
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I believe I was talking about gays flaunting their sexuality not men and women of different races married............Have no problem with that never did.
    And I was showing you how the two compare. That is what I was talking about in the posts that you have been responding to. I was specifically speaking about how it is very prevalent in the South to not approve of interracial relationships. How, if allowed to do so today, many people in the South would still vote to ban interracial marriages, including your own, just because the people were of two different races and, afterall, it is only attraction and people choose who they are attracted to.

    Why would it be okay to allow a restriction to marriage when the attraction is based on sex but wrong to make such a restriction when the attraction is based on race? The fact that a man and a woman can make a baby cannot be the answer since every state allows opposite sex couples that cannot have children together to marry regardless of such an inability.

    You are not the ultimate authority on what types of relationships are right and wrong.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #589
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    No, the problem I have is when people like you claim others shouldn't have equal rights because their religion says no.
    individuals have rights. we are talking about perks granted to groups of people.

  10. #590
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you have as much control of your feelings as Navy has control of his childrens sexuality.
    I will point out once more that you don't even know me. You don't know what I have control of regarding myself.

Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •