Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #561
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    NP, how do you figure chris rock is one of the biggest racists in the country?
    You ever watch his show? Nuff about him, its not worth the time.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #562
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You ever watch his show? Nuff about him, its not worth the time.
    Would you care to list any quotes of his that would show him to be racist?

  3. #563
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Moderator's Warning:
    Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage billOK guys, you need to tone it down, and now. The discussion is not about other people's families, who is worth responding to, or any of that crap. Play nice, or you won't be allowed to play in this thread at all.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #564
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,941

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Pa., Ohio, Indiana, Montana, SD, ND, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Idaho,(I could go on and on) are not in the South

    I will just say every Red state and a lot of blue ones not in the NE.
    So, you're saying that those states have just as much of a problem with interracial relations as states in the South? Thank you for furthering my point that just because some people in some places may find certain relationships disturbing or wrong, does not mean that those in such relationships should not be allowed to legally marry when the two involved would otherwise be able to marry if not for a race or sex issue.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #565
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    easy to say, but if you actually had to live through such a thing, I suspect your feelings would change.
    I'm not saying it wouldn't affect me. I'm saying that I love my son no matter what, and I stand by that. You can suspect all you want, but you really know nothing about me.

  6. #566
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I could start saying things about your family but I just don't want to sink to your level. I have told you about my family which was a mistake. I know that now.
    Say what you want about my family, Navy. I don't know you personally and you don't know me, so nothing you can say would affect me. I was simply asking you for an answer to a hypothetical scenario. You refused to give one because you feel it isn't even possible. I find that a little odd.

  7. #567
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree with this, one should not govern by polls, but by thier convictions. People for example overwhelmingly support a national ccw right, should a non pro 2nd president sign a bill allowing it? Would anyone fault him for vetoing it?
    no. one should govern for his what his constituents want.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #568
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Say what you want about my family, Navy. I don't know you personally and you don't know me, so nothing you can say would affect me. I was simply asking you for an answer to a hypothetical scenario. You refused to give one because you feel it isn't even possible. I find that a little odd.

    Your claim of unwavering love in the face of any hypothetical situation that you have not actually had to experience really falls into the same vein as what he is doing.

  9. #569
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why do you insist on calling people names who disagree with you. Why can't other people have a difference of opinion. I take back my apology to you. You lefties call us the intolerant one when in fact you are the intolerant ones..........
    Calling Christie a bigot isn't name calling.

    "bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

    If the label fits....

  10. #570
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,207

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Honestly...he has the power to veto...so he used it.

    Now the voting population has the power to vote him out.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •