Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #431
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Obama has vetoed a same sex marriage bill? How did we all miss that one?

    Oh, wait, he hasn't. He has stated what he believes, but considering his stance on DOMA, it is quite likely that he would not veto any bill that allows the US government to recognize SSM even if he personally believes that it should be between a man and a woman.

    Actions speak louder than words.


    All I'm saying is they are on record saying very similar things.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #432
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Reverend... truthfully, this is a poor decision on his part. If he was elected to serve the people, and he is confident that the people will pass this on referendum, why would he veto it? His personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant. He was elected to serve the people, not himself. Why do you think he'd veto it, based on this?

    I disagree with this, one should not govern by polls, but by thier convictions. People for example overwhelmingly support a national ccw right, should a non pro 2nd president sign a bill allowing it? Would anyone fault him for vetoing it?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #433
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree with this, one should not govern by polls, but by thier convictions. People for example overwhelmingly support a national ccw right, should a non pro 2nd president sign a bill allowing it? Would anyone fault him for vetoing it?
    Completely disagree. One should govern based on how the people lean on a specific issue. That's the job. A non pro-2nd Amendment President has no place in vetoing a ccw bill if the people overwhelmingly support it. If the position/bill does not violate the Constitution and the people support it, the executive needs to sign it, regardless of what his personal feelings are.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 02-21-12 at 09:54 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #434
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Completely disagree. One should govern based on how the people lean on a specific issue. That's the job. A non pro-2nd Amendment President has no place in vetoing a ccw bill if the people overwhelmingly support it. If the position/bill does not violate the Constitution and the people support it, the executive needs to sign it, regardless of what his personal feelings are.


    so if the "people" decided that we overwhelmingly wanted to force all able bodied midgets to wrassle for the stated pride....... We elect a person to represent us, we don't expect them to change thier morals and thier views based on the whim of the people. I think christie, by taking this to a vote is doing the smartest thing for the state, his constituents, and even the gay community, all while maintaining his personal moral convictions.,
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #435
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, it is true.



    Wrong again. Orientation merely determines who some one is attracted to.
    Keep going. Connect the dots. If you're attracted to someone... you're more likely to engage in some sort of sexual relationship with that person... the nature of the sexual relationship depends on what options are available, among other things.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Ah, Taylor. Haven't seen you in a while. I see you still haven't remembered all the education I provided for you when you were here, last. Your comment above is inaccurate. They key is DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR. Sexual orientation does not cause this dangerous behavior. The spread is about the dangerous behavior. Got it?
    Yes it has been a while. And i can see where all that time in the echo chamber has gotten you.

    I'm taking issue with the claim that sexual orientation is irrelevant. I have made no claims that it causes anything, so you can drop that.

    If you're going to bother with details, at least get it right. The spread is not so much about dangerous behavior as it is about the transmission of a virus. The spread is certainly not "caused" by dangerous behavior, as I believe you claimed in a prior post, although it's strongly associated with it.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not at all. If a heterosexual couple and a homosexual couple BOTH have dangerous sex, their likelihood of contracting AIDS is equivalent. You keep missing this point.
    Huh??

    How exactly are you defining "dangerous sex"? For equivalent sex acts where a condom is not used, the liklihood is greater for a negative outcome for the homosexual couple. To say otherwise is incredibly misleading and can only hurt that population that you wish to protect.

  8. #438
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Huh??

    How exactly are you defining "dangerous sex"? For equivalent sex acts where a condom is not used, the liklihood is greater for a negative outcome for the homosexual couple. To say otherwise is incredibly misleading and can only hurt that population that you wish to protect.
    Wait what? You said equivilent sex act...so you're stating there's a greater liklihood of two homosexual men getting AIDS from having anal sex then there is of a man and woman having anal sex? Or that there's a greater liklihood of two homosexual women getting AIDS from having oral sex as there is of a man and woman having oral?

  9. #439
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wait what? You said equivilent sex act...so you're stating there's a greater liklihood of two homosexual men getting AIDS from having anal sex then there is of a man and woman having anal sex? Or that there's a greater liklihood of two homosexual women getting AIDS from having oral sex as there is of a man and woman having oral?
    Good catch, I had been thinking of men who have sex with men, but used the general label. To answer your questions, most definitely on the first - not sure on the second, but would guess that the opposite is true - the heterosexual woman being more likely to have a negative outcome.

  10. #440
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Good catch, I had been thinking of men who have sex with men, but used the general label. To answer your questions, most definitely on the first - not sure on the second, but would guess that the opposite is true - the heterosexual woman being more likely to have a negative outcome.
    Could you point me to what studies have shown that unprotected anal sex with a man who has aids is somehow more likely to cause someone to contract aids then having anal sex with a woman who has aids? (or have the person that is penetrating be the aids carrier) Cause I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests that to be the case. Actually, FOR that to be the case it'd have to mean that somehow genetically homosexuals are more apt naturally to get AIDS then heterosexuals and thus that would mean that there is some genetic proof of homosexulaity.

    Or are you suggesting something else and I"m not understanding you?

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •