Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    First, it doesn't make two bits of difference what marriage was in the past. Marriage was many things in the past, and it was certainly not always about procreation. The main thing marriage has always been about is family ties. In some places, it was even ok for parents to marry two deceased children to each other just so they could make the legal bond between their families.

    Family ties is the basis for marriage, everything else, including procreation, is extra.

    And same sex marriage is not that recent of a phenomenon. Some people just believe it is. There have been several cases in recorded history where same sex marriages were legal. And much of history wasn't actually recorded, so God only knows how many more cases there were.

    Reality is we live in the here and now, when we do have tests to determine if people can procreate individually or with each other. Women live decades past menopause and we know that women past menopause cannot procreate without help.

    Also, you forgot to address the fact that 5 states will not allow certain couples to legally marry if they can procreate. That alone means that at least those states and the federal government do not consider procreation an important aspect in legal marriage (the federal government is included because all those marriages are legally recognized by the federal government).

    Plus, we have studies (because we study everything) that say that marriage is good for society in ways far greater than procreation. Marriage encourages people to be more responsible. Marriage means that society has someone else to hold responsible for important end-of-life decisions and the financial responsibilities that go with those decisions.
    What societies are you refering to?

    Yes, I failed to address those 5 states because I have no knowledge of what 5 states or what laws you are referring to. Since my time to use the computer on a daily basis is limited by health problems, I am not going to use that time to research a vague reference.

  2. #242
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Oh and use your spell checker......thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Here we go with the inasulting again. I guess when it comes to the left that will never change when they are losing the debate.
    Sometimes life can be cruel and ironic like that.

  3. #243
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    CC it is spread that way now but it was not that way in the early eighties. The only people that were getting AIDS were gays with very few exceptions. That is why the closed the bath houses down in San Francisco...Anyone can catch it now but straight males are the least most not to get it because most straight males don't engage in anal sex.
    NP... anal sex without protection is DANGEROUS. It is irrelevant as to whether it is done by hetero or homosexuals. Sexual orientation does not matter. It is the BEHAVIOR that is relevant... as I have said hundreds of times.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #244
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because there have been many cases of Gays reverting to Straight I believe its a choice. There are many documented cases of Gays say they have changed, married and have had children and I am not the one to call them a liar.
    And there are plenty of cases of straights becoming gay... so I believe that heterosexuality is a choice. There are many documented cases of straights saying they have changed, and I am not the one to call them a liar.

    See how it works?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #245
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Homosexuality denies the species as a whole any advantages or useful mutations that would normally be gained and passed on thus negatively impacting the evolution and genetic advancements of the species as a whole.
    There isn't enough information to make that determination, as genetics are often extremely complex and combinations of many genes may be relevant to homosexuality. Further, there has been some evidence that it's the genetic makeup of the mother that's indicative of the sexuality of the offspring. If that's the case, then your argument is out the window. Point being: you don't have enough information to make that determination.

    Further, it doesn't matter if homosexuality leads to further procreation. Individuals still have the same rights, regardless of what their reproductive capacity may be.

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Also, if practiced and adopted as normal by a large enough segment of the species, then the species would also start failing because it did not have enough children to continue and grow. Since it has a negative survival impact at the species level, then it is very much an aberration and since it is in the mind, it is a mental disorder.
    Did you just switch from saying it's genetic to saying it's a choice. If it's genetic, then no large enough segment is going to "adopt" it. If it's genetic, and a large enough segment "adopts" it, then there must be a procreative benefit to it, no? If not, then, if it's genetic, there won't be a large enough segment of the population "adopting" it, as it can only be "adopted" through genetic propagation (procreation).

  6. #246
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Fact: Human sexuality is directly related to and comes from the species level instinct to procreate and continue the species. That need for the species to continue and procreation being the only method to do so is the core of sexual desire and needs in humans.
    Fact: you are completely incorrect. Procreation is not the only reason for human sexuality.

    Fact: Homosexual conduct does not lead to procreation. If sexual desires, as stated above, derive from an instinct to continue the species through procreation and Homosexuality does not does not lead to the possibility of procreation, then Homosexuality is a deviation from the normal sexual instinct.
    Fact: Since procreation is not the only reason for human sexuality, everything you said above is irrelevant.

    Any deviation from the normal conduct instilled by an instinct as opposed to one instilled by the enviroment at the species level, not necessarily the tribal or persnal level, is a mental disorder. Since homosexuality is a deviation of the species survival instinct to procreate and acts contrary to that instinct, then it is obviously then a mental disorder. Homosexuality denies the species as a whole any advantages or useful mutations that would normally be gained and passed on thus negatively impacting the evolution and genetic advancements of the species as a whole. Also, if practiced and adopted as normal by a large enough segment of the species, then the species would also start failing because it did not have enough children to continue and grow. Since it has a negative survival impact at the species level, then it is very much an aberration and since it is in the mind, it is a mental disorder.
    Fact: All research has shown that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. There have been plenty of studies on this since the '50's. Your position is based on a false and uneducated premise. Read the study by Evelyn Hooker if you want to educate yourself on some facts. Also, your definition of what constitutes a mental disorder is completely invalid. Again... educate yourself on this stuff before you make stuff up.

    As to the impact of being raised by homsexual couples, that totally depends on the homosexual couple, but any law cannot take in the vast amount of deviations and special cases when it is written and must thus be written based upon common and worse case factors.
    Then you must agree this must be the case for heterosexual couples, too, EQUALLY. If not, your position is hypocritical.

    Worse case scenerio, as was in the news a short time ago, the courts were trying to determine if an Adolescent should have the right to undergo a sex change. In that particular case, a male child raised by a Lesbian couple was the one seeking the change. Considering the common man hating attitudes displayed by a large number of lesbians, it is really not that hard for some to see why an adelescent male raised in such an eviroment might think that being male is evil and wrong and therefore hate his sex. The fact that this arose is not suprising, the fact that it does not arise on a very frequent basis is what is suprising. A developing child who is male, raised in an household of two women who continuously dsiparage males can only lead to the child believing mommy hates men who are also male and I am male, so mommy must hate me and because I don't want mommy to hate me, I shouldn't be male.
    This is some of the most idiotic, inaccurate sterotyping I've seen. Nothing that you say above has any validity at all, other than to point out extreme cases. I can do the exact same thing with heterosexual couples. Therefore, there is nothing above that is worth responding to, since it is all invalid.

    There may be studies I have not seen that actually chart self-loathing, depression, suicide amongst children raised by a homosexual couple. It would indeed be interesting how the rates amoungst children raised by a homosexual couple of the opposite sex compare to normal society. But, just like Clinton killed a program to determine the use of illegally obtained guns vs legally obtained ones (he was anti-gun, so anthing that might potentially show that crimanals illegally obtain guns at any significant level would undermine his political stance), such a government sponsored study is not likely to happen when one of the two factions in our government spends so much time, effort and money trying to prove homosexuality is normal. The potential risk to their political stance is too great and of course getting the necessary data voluntarily in any significant amount is almost impossible as the vast majority of those children are now also working towards proving the normallacy of homosexuality.
    You have shown that you have zero knowledge on this topic. Just your bigotry. I have posted more than a dozen studies that explored outcomes of children raised by homosexual couples. All showed that the outcomes were IDENTICAL to those of children raised by heterosexual couples. You have absolutely ZERO to based your assertions on. I have facts.

    Since homosexuality has been shown to not be abnormal in any sense other than statistics, and your original premises, both of that, of sexuality only being a reaction to procreation, and of children not doing well being reared from homosexual couples, have ALL been shown to be false and invalid, I would suggest that you educate yourself on the topic so that you do not continue to post inaccurate information.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 02-20-12 at 04:56 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #247
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Actually, it is widely thought that AIDS was introduced to the United States through a singular immigrant from Haiti.
    Damn, homeboy got around!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #248
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The sexual orientation of the people who spread AIDS is IRRELEVANT to it's spread.
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Men who have sex with men are more likely to get the disease from "dangerous" sexual behavior; they are more likely to spread the disease.

    Much, much more likely.

  9. #249
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Men who have sex with men are more likely to get the disease from "dangerous" sexual behavior; they are more likely to spread the disease.

    Much, much more likely.
    No, people who engage in dangerous sexual behavior are more likely to get, and spread the disease, the sexual orientation, and gender of the person is irrelevant.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #250
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's polled to pass, Christie is on record saying he believes it would pass, I think he's finding a way to reconcile his position with the peoples will. It's funny this same legislature I don't believe brought it up under the last few democrat Governor, why this one, why now? I see your point, but do not think there is much to worry about here, if one of the most liberal states in the union, if not the most liberal can't pass it under a popular referendum, you have bigger issues to worry about than Christie.
    Right, it probably would pass, and Christie knows it probably would pass, and he's supposed to represent the people of his state, but he's going to veto it to cover his exceedingly hard to cover ass in the next Republican primary.

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •