Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #211
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,725

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    I'm a fan of Christie's on most issues, dissapointed to see him make this choice. If I had to guess, this move is nothing more than posturing as a "true social conservative" for a 2016 presidential run.



    Actually you are partially correct, he has his opinion, he would rather leave it up to the people than the legislature who is using the issue for thier own political gain, not for any caring about gay marriage.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    Referendum votes are used all the time in a representative republic, and often there is 2-5 on a NJ ballot each election. I for one think the referendum of this issue is truly the right move as it lets the people decide.
    The people shouldn't be able to deny equality under the law through a vote.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #213
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,725

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The people shouldn't be able to deny equality under the law through a vote.


    It's polled to pass, Christie is on record saying he believes it would pass, I think he's finding a way to reconcile his position with the peoples will. It's funny this same legislature I don't believe brought it up under the last few democrat Governor, why this one, why now? I see your point, but do not think there is much to worry about here, if one of the most liberal states in the union, if not the most liberal can't pass it under a popular referendum, you have bigger issues to worry about than Christie.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #214
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    NP... I've said this to you dozens of times. The spread of AIDS is caused by dangerous sexual practices or IV drug abuse. The sexual orientation of the people who spread AIDS is IRRELEVANT to it's spread. No matter how many times you blame AIDS on gays, I will continue to demonstrate that you are logically and factually WRONG. Now, since I've told you this plenty of times, and you still refuse to accept these facts, I hold no allusions that you will accept them now. This is more for the unsuspecting poster who really doesn't know... so that they will understand the facts of this issue. And the facts are... AIDS is not a gay disease or caused OR SPREAD by homosexuality. It is spread by dangerous and unprotected sex and IV drug use (needle sharing) regardless of one's sexuality.


    CC it is spread that way now but it was not that way in the early eighties. The only people that were getting AIDS were gays with very few exceptions. That is why the closed the bath houses down in San Francisco...Anyone can catch it now but straight males are the least most not to get it because most straight males don't engage in anal sex.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #215
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Actually, it is widely thought that AIDS was introduced to the United States through a singular immigrant from Haiti.
    a Link please or it jus heresay. I believe no one knows how it was introduced.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #216
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Because there have been many cases of Gays reverting to Straight I believe its a choice. There are many documented cases of Gays say they have changed, married and have had children and I am not the one to call them a liar.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #217
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    CC it is spread that way now but it was not that way in the early eighties. The only people that were getting AIDS were gays with very few exceptions. That is why the closed the bath houses down in San Francisco...Anyone can catch it now but straight males are the least most not to get it because most straight males don't engage in anal sex.
    NP< you are factually wrong. In the 80's, you could get AIDS from a blood transfusion or god's sake. IV drug users where a huge risk group and contributed heavily to the spread of AIDS. Lesbian females are a lower risk group than strait males and in fact almost all AIDS among lesbians was caused by other risk factors outside of lesbian sex. Facts NP, stop making things up please.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #218
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because there have been many cases of Gays reverting to Straight I believe its a choice. There are many documented cases of Gays say they have changed, married and have had children and I am not the one to call them a liar.
    There have also been people who have been straight and then turned gay. Your point?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  9. #219
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    NP< you are factually wrong. In the 80's, you could get AIDS from a blood transfusion or god's sake. IV drug users where a huge risk group and contributed heavily to the spread of AIDS. Lesbian females are a lower risk group than strait males and in fact almost all AIDS among lesbians was caused by other risk factors outside of lesbian sex. Facts NP, stop making things up please.
    I disagree, it true that drug users were getting it from dirty needles but they paled in comparison to the gay community getting it. Hell Redress why do you think they shut down the Bath Houses in SF where up to 50 men were hooked up in a daisy chain. AIDS needs and orfice to generate and the mouth, vagina and especially the anus are a perfect place to do it.
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-20-12 at 03:18 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I disagree, it true that drug users were getting it from dirty needles but the paled in comparison to the gay community getting it. Hell Redress why do you think they shut down the Bath Houses in SF where up to 50 men were hooked up in a daisy chain. AIDS needs and orfice to generate and the mouth, vagina and especially the anus are a perfect place to do it.

    So what orifice do IV drug users use?

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •