Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 884

Thread: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

  1. #151
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    We disagree, and that's fine. I believe the Bible is the basis for right and wrong because God says it is. I believe this is one of those arguments you and I could both waste days posting back and forth about or just agree to disagree. I would rather do the latter. You?
    But when you try to make laws based on those beliefs and **** with people's lives you can't really just agree to disagree.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    "Marriage" is an act between a man and a woman. To argue this is not to support a point for homosexuals rather to tear down the status quo. Why does the gay community insist on a single word? Why do they insist on being the same when their entire cause is circles around being different???!!! Why not abolish all words associated with homosexuality? Then there would be no difference, would there?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  3. #153
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But when you try to make laws based on those beliefs and **** with people's lives you can't really just agree to disagree.
    Never tried to **** with anyone's life. I didn't tell them to be gay, they chose to. Being gay equals no chance of creating a life.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #154
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Never tried to **** with anyone's life. I didn't tell them to be gay, they chose to. Being gay equals no chance of creating a life.
    When you push for, and support laws that deny me the right to marry the one I love, and obstruct my ability to start a family your ****ing with my life. And I did not choose to be gay, I live in the south and have a pretty religious family, if I could have chosen to be straight I would have. It would have been a hell of a lot easier for me, but alas I can't. I can only be who I am, who I was born as, and deciding to be happy with that was the best decision I've ever made.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #155
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    When you push for, and support laws that deny me the right to marry the one I love, and obstruct my ability to start a family your ****ing with my life. And I did not choose to be gay, I live in the south and have a pretty religious family, if I could have chosen to be straight I would have. It would have been a hell of a lot easier for me, but alas I can't. I can only be who I am, who I was born as, and deciding to be happy with that was the best decision I've ever made.
    If you look back, this whole string started with me saying I have no problem with 2 gay people getting married. Its not my place to judge them.
    By your assumption then, someone with an addictive personality (like me) should just give in and abuse drugs all they want, right? The sad thing is, you say you grew up in a religious family so you know its wrong. I won't speak down to you or judge you, so I'll stop there. I'm not here to belittle anyone.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    If you look back, this whole string started with me saying I have no problem with 2 gay people getting married. Its not my place to judge them.
    By your assumption then, someone with an addictive personality (like me) should just give in and abuse drugs all they want, right? The sad thing is, you say you grew up in a religious family so you know its wrong. I won't speak down to you or judge you, so I'll stop there. I'm not here to belittle anyone.
    First off homosexuality is not a disorder. and no ill effects come from it, so your comparison to drug addiction doesn't bark. Secondly I'm just saying that if you support laws that deny LGBT people the same treatment under the law as you, then you do effect them, and it's not a agree to disagree type thing unless you support equal legal rights for LGBT people.

    Also, I spent too much time condemning myself for something I have no control over, and let me tell you that's no way to live. Also I don't believe it's wrong, on a logical level, or a religious level, there's just not enough substantial evidence that homosexuality as we know it today is wrong. The Bible talks so little about it, and after so many translations, and committees of people deciding what should be in the Bible and changing it for political reasons, and thousands of years societal change and the context of which our minds think vs the context of which their minds think it's just not reasonable to me to condemn it based on what is there.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #157
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yes, I did read your post. Let me spell it out for you.

    Making abortion illegal would likely make abortion more common.

    That is my argument. Countries that don't allow abortion also tend to make it difficult to obtain contraception. The result is that abortions are actually increased.

    Making it illegal is a bad idea if you want to decrease the number abortions that occur.
    Wrong as usual. there are many more abortions to then there was prior to Roe V Wade........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #158
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    First off homosexuality is not a disorder. and no ill effects come from it, so your comparison to drug addiction doesn't bark. Secondly I'm just saying that if you support laws that deny LGBT people the same treatment under the law as you, then you do effect them, and it's not a agree to disagree type thing unless you support equal legal rights for LGBT people.

    Also, I spent too much time condemning myself for something I have no control over, and let me tell you that's no way to live. Also I don't believe it's wrong, on a logical level, or a religious level, there's just not enough substantial evidence that homosexuality as we know it today is wrong. The Bible talks so little about it, and after so many translations, and committees of people deciding what should be in the Bible and changing it for political reasons, and thousands of years societal change and the context of which our minds think vs the context of which their minds think it's just not reasonable to me to condemn it based on what is there.

    hose puckey, you ever hear of AIDS????
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #159
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    First off homosexuality is not a disorder. and no ill effects come from it, so your comparison to drug addiction doesn't bark.
    Never said it was like drug addiction. Its like having an addictive personality, which I have. Thats the comparison I'm making. BTW, thank you for not getting offended and turning this into a personal thing, because its not.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Chris Christie set to veto gay marriage bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    hose puckey, you ever hear of AIDS????
    I'm gay, and I don't have AIDS, and plenty of straight people have AIDS. Actually, lesbians are at the lowest risk of getting AIDS out of any demographic, so there goes your assertion.

    Just in case you still don't get it, AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease, not a "gay disease"
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •