Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 274

Thread: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Do any of the genuis glitterati in here still really think this is about contraception at all? Cause I got news for everyone....It isn't.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do any of the genuis glitterati in here still really think this is about contraception at all? Cause I got news for everyone....It isn't.


    j-mac


    Oh thanks for that profound observation. To bad it isn't true. It is exactly about contraception.

  3. #43
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Oh thanks for that profound observation. To bad it isn't true. It is exactly about contraception.

    Nah, it isn't...Tell me, what 'access' exactly was restricted in terms of contraception before this?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, it isn't...Tell me, what 'access' exactly was restricted in terms of contraception before this?

    j-mac
    Well seeing as how the issue of the OP is about women being represented in a discussion that concerns women I think we shouldn't stray too far off topic. The issue certainly effects women so they should be represented.

  5. #45
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well seeing as how the issue of the OP is about women being represented in a discussion that concerns women I think we shouldn't stray too far off topic. The issue certainly effects women so they should be represented.
    The only one on that panel I believe that could have been possibly a woman would have been the Lutheran...Just a guess....But I'd still like to have an answer to my question if you'd be so kind.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The only one on that panel I believe that could have been possibly a woman would have been the Lutheran...Just a guess....But I'd still like to have an answer to my question if you'd be so kind.


    j-mac

    To answer your question women pay taxes and as such deserve representation in constitutional arguements that concern them. So there you go.

  7. #47
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    To answer your question women pay taxes and as such deserve representation in constitutional arguements that concern them. So there you go.


    Who said they didn't???? That wasn't my question.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who said they didn't???? That wasn't my question.

    j-mac

    I am so glad we agree that women should have been represented in the discussion that most certainly effected them.

  9. #49
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    not sure how women are being negatively affected by legislation that gives them access to free birth control, but okay.
    Because the panel seems to be in favor of removing that legislation. Even if it's about religious freedom, are there no female religious leaders? Surely, an arguement against female contraceptive for religious reasons would be better coming from a female religious leader who can at least demonstrate that she would not want to use it herself for religious reasons.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 02-16-12 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  10. #50
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    The hearing is about whether or not Obama is offending religion, not women.
    So says FOX news and Catholic bishops.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •