Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 274

Thread: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, I do think the worker can do with his or her compensaion as he or she sees fit. Period. If no one is required to be of a religion, not a pastor, in fact, maybe not even a believer at all, there is no place for anyone to tell them waht they can do within the law with their compensation.
    That isn't the issue. The issue is that the church has to cover what it doesn't agree with and pay the majority of its cost for what others wish to have or use.

    The Church is not forced on anything really. They merely give compensaion for the work done. No one is required to use contraceptions.
    Read my comment above. Everything points to them being forced into an action.

    And I assume anyone who believes as the Church does simply won't use them, making it all moot. The problem arises when the Church can't tell someone who disagrees what to do.
    As I said it has nothing to do with if people will use it or not use it. It has to do with the right to provide and in extension pay for what you desire.

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I can't speak to anyone's willingness to accept flawed logic. But that that still doesn't give it legs. No , neither myself or Stewart is confused. We just know it doesn't hold up.
    The almighty boo has called it flawed logic. It must be so. Give me a break and get over yourself.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That isn't the issue. The issue is that the church has to cover what it doesn't agree with and pay the majority of its cost for what others wish to have or use.
    The compensation is the insurance. The user is the employee and not the employer. What the Church agrees to is no more relavant than if the church agrees with how the employee spends his or her money.


    Read my comment above. Everything points to them being forced into an action.
    But it doesn't. They are nto forced to make the employee buy porn, even though it is available and thier money can be spent that way. Both leave the employer once given to the employee.


    As I said it has nothing to do with if people will use it or not use it. It has to do with the right to provide and in extension pay for what you desire.
    It is no different than they pay check. In fact, employees are often told this is compensaion, equal to their pay check. I agree. First heard that at a Catholic school.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The almighty boo has called it flawed logic. It must be so. Give me a break and get over yourself.
    Yes, I know, whenever something is explain to you, and soem select others, the real smart reply is to go silly. No, the logic has been explained. I know no other way. You distinction has no difference. Medicine does not limit itself to only what some call abnormal. In many other areas, which the church pays for, it is about prevention or improvement, but not fixing a something broken or wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #255
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Medicine does not limit itself to only what some call abnormal. In many other areas, which the church pays for, it is about prevention or improvement, but not fixing a something broken or wrong.
    Yes, I get it, you like to use flawed logic. It's ok, boo. But, please... tell me what the church and insurance is covering that is preventing the normal phyical functiong of the human body.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The compensation is the insurance. The user is the employee and not the employer. What the Church agrees to is no more relavant than if the church agrees with how the employee spends his or her money.
    The church provides the insurance and in case you missed it pays the majority of the cost of the insurance. You are wrong on both counts. Furthermore, just because you pay for a service does not mean you have control over the service as you are NOT providing the service.

    But it doesn't. They are nto forced to make the employee buy porn, even though it is available and thier money can be spent that way. Both leave the employer once given to the employee.
    What does porn have to do with anything? Anyway, I covered your argument above.

    It is no different than they pay check. In fact, employees are often told this is compensaion, equal to their pay check. I agree. First heard that at a Catholic school.
    Why in the world do you think I actually believe it is not compensation? Any sort of payment, or other gains through employment are the decision of the employer and calls for their action. You are doing nothing but saying you have a right to the compensation you desire and have yet to provide why you can force another party to follow your wishes.

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What does porn have to do with anything? Anyway, I covered your argument above.
    I suspect he thinks that Obama should start mandating that insurance cover free porn for all.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The church provides the insurance and in case you missed it pays the majority of the cost of the insurance. You are wrong on both counts. Furthermore, just because you pay for a service does not mean you have control over the service as you are NOT providing the service.
    Not all the cost in all cases, no. But even where they do, they also give all the money in the pay check. Both are compesation given to the employee. how it is used is up to the employee and nto the employer.


    What does porn have to do with anything? Anyway, I covered your argument above.
    Something the churches compensation is used on. They disagree, but can't tell the employee they can't spend their pay check on it. They still ahve to pay the employee, mandated if you will, even though they can buy that.



    Why in the world do you think I actually believe it is not compensation? Any sort of payment, or other gains through employment are the decision of the employer and calls for their action. You are doing nothing but saying you have a right to the compensation you desire and have yet to provide why you can force another party to follow your wishes.
    Because you don't seem to be getting the connection I'm making. What is done with compensation is up to the employee and not the employer. Once you understand that, and how it is like a paycheck, as they themselves argue, then you will see how they are the ones not looking at this properly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I suspect he thinks that Obama should start mandating that insurance cover free porn for all.
    As long as my pay check is mandatroy, he already has. Church money has been used on porn.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not all the cost in all cases, no. But even where they do, they also give all the money in the pay check. Both are compesation given to the employee. how it is used is up to the employee and nto the employer.
    Never said they can't use their compensation how they see fit.

    Something the churches compensation is used on. They disagree, but can't tell the employee they can't spend their pay check on it. They still ahve to pay the employee, mandated if you will, even though they can buy that.
    Again faced it in the above.


    Because you don't seem to be getting the connection I'm making. What is done with compensation is up to the employee and not the employer. Once you understand that, and how it is like a paycheck, as they themselves argue, then you will see how they are the ones not looking at this properly.
    There is no connection. What you get paid and what a service covers are not comparable to how a paycheck is used. Maybe if you understood how a service is provided you would see there is no connection.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-25-12 at 10:51 PM.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •