Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 274

Thread: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well since the church is acting as a business and middlemen they should follow the law all other insurance companies do ir perhaps get out of the insurance business.
    Already countered that argument. There is nothing to support rules of business affecting churches so even if the courts do decide the purpose of the commerce clause(to settle disputes among states) somehow allow the government to force people in society to do what others desire in commerce that would still not mean that a church is treated like a business.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Well let's see who wins

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well let's see who wins
    If you win I hope you never decide to offer a service and decide you don't wish to sell something that people want. You might just find this freedom is valuable.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you win I hope you never decide to offer a service and decide you don't wish to sell something that people want. You might just find this freedom is valuable.
    I will start a religion first so laws don't apply to me.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    I will start a religion first so laws don't apply to me.
    Laws do apply to religion. I went over this.

  6. #116
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Yes, the church that is offering and paying for the insurance are free to opt out of coverage that directly contradicts their teachings. I suspect that if Obama actually keeps this mandate, the churches will fight it in the courts and win. It's simply an infringement on the rights of reigion. It is not an infringement on the rights of women. As hard as democrats often try, you can not create new rights by just calling them rights. Free birth control is not protected in the constitution.
    No one is asking for FREE birth control. People pay premiums and co-pays. The problem is not just contraception but the fact that some women need to take birth control for medical reasons. No one is asking for a handout.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  7. #117
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    No one is asking for FREE birth control. People pay premiums and co-pays. The problem is not just contraception but the fact that some women need to take birth control for medical reasons. No one is asking for a handout.
    Funny, Obama's ordered a hand out...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #118
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Funny, Obama's ordered a hand out...
    I said no one is asking for a handout.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    No one is asking for FREE birth control. People pay premiums and co-pays. The problem is not just contraception but the fact that some women need to take birth control for medical reasons. No one is asking for a handout.
    Obama has ordered that there can be no co-pays for contraception, so you are wrong.
    Last edited by buck; 02-18-12 at 10:35 AM.

  10. #120
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I said no one is asking for a handout.

    Sure there are, in more areas than this one too.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •