Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 274

Thread: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    What brought me into the discussion was my agreement with Mr. Vichio's comment that the conversation isn't about women's rights. The conversation is about religious freedom. The media and democrats are trying to switch the conversation to one they would rather have, since they can't possibly win the debate about religious freedom.
    Oh so the religion is free to tell women what the insurance women pay for will provide them outside the law while at the same time taking tax money from women. That's some ****ing freedom.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well You mean the women who earn the insurance as compensation through their job and thus should be considered the people actually paying the premium shouldn't have a say in what their premium pays for. Oh
    If they pay into it or not is not relevant, it is who is offering it and what they wish to cover.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Oh so the religion is free to tell women what the insurance women pay for will provide them outside the law while at the same time taking tax money from women. That's some ****ing freedom.
    You should really look into what the law actually says about this argument and WHY Obama won't be using it in the court.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Oh so the religion is free to tell women what the insurance women pay for will provide them outside the law while at the same time taking tax money from women. That's some ****ing freedom.
    Yes, the church that is offering and paying for the insurance are free to opt out of coverage that directly contradicts their teachings. I suspect that if Obama actually keeps this mandate, the churches will fight it in the courts and win. It's simply an infringement on the rights of reigion. It is not an infringement on the rights of women. As hard as democrats often try, you can not create new rights by just calling them rights. Free birth control is not protected in the constitution.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Yes, the church that is offering and paying for the insurance are free to opt out of coverage that directly contradicts their teachings. I suspect that if Obama actually keeps this mandate, the churches will fight it in the courts and win. It's simply an infringement on the rights of reigion. It is not an infringement on the rights of women. As hard as democrats often try, you can not create new rights by just calling them rights. Free birth control is not protected in the constitution.
    Women pay the premium as its their compensation. Women also pay taxes the church take in their businesses

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Women pay the premium as its their compensation. Women also pay taxes the church take in their businesses
    IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Putting up the same argument does not get a new argument in return. The service is provided by a free individual or group and as such they have the right to decide what that service is and provides. Come up with a new argument if you want something different in return in the future.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Putting up the same argument does not get a new argument in return. The service is provided by a free individual or group and as such they have the right to decide what that service is and provides. Come up with a new argument if you want something different in return in the future.
    No the service is provided by the health care provider. The premium is paid by the insured. The church is just a middlemen or grifter in this case.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    No the service is provided by the health care provider. The premium is paid by the insured. The church is just a middlemen or grifter in this case.
    Makes no difference. The middle man is not ignored in this formula like you desire and what they wish to do is in play. The same works for the health care provider unless you really think that want from customers somehow warrants the government to decide to force members in society to give them whatever they wish which IS NOT supported by the constitution, or anything the founders said on the matter.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Makes no difference. The middle man is not ignored in this formula like you desire and what they wish to do is in play. The same works for the health care provider unless you really think that want from customers somehow warrants the government to decide to force members in society to give them whatever they wish which IS NOT supported by the constitution, or anything the founders said on the matter.
    Well since the church is acting as a business and middlemen they should follow the law all other insurance companies do ir perhaps get out of the insurance business.

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Makes no difference. The middle man is not ignored in this formula like you desire and what they wish to do is in play. The same works for the health care provider unless you really think that want from customers somehow warrants the government to decide to force members in society to give them whatever they wish which IS NOT supported by the constitution, or anything the founders said on the matter.
    I would add, that the employer pays a bulk of the insurance premium. The employee only pays a small portion. The church, in this case, is offering the compensation. To not offer compensation that directly contradicts their teachings, is allowed.
    Last edited by buck; 02-17-12 at 10:17 PM.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •