Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 274

Thread: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    So you agree, then, that the right of personal conscience is not absolute then.

    And if the right of personal conscience is not absolute then there are degrees to which the government can provide oversight and regulation to it.
    The government is protecting rights in both cases. The rights of an individual can only be abridged when it infringes upon the rights of another.

    A muslim killing their daughter due to "honor killing" is an infringment upon the daughter's rights. Not forcing a chuch organization to pay for something for another individual does not infinge upon any rights. In fact, forcing a church organization to pay for something against their teachings violates the rights of the church.

    And if that's the case, then that includes the degree that when a religious organization acts as a business it can be overseen as a business despite the conscience of those who run that business.
    The laws and the courts have disagreed with you. You are free to your own opinion, but frankly, your opinion has been proven wrong through many legal challenges.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The government is protecting rights in both cases. The rights of an individual can only be abridged when it infringes upon the rights of another.

    A muslim killing their daughter due to "honor killing" is an infringment upon the daughter's rights. Not forcing a chuch organization to pay for something for another individual does not infinge upon any rights. In fact, forcing a church organization to pay for something against their teachings violates the rights of the church.



    The laws and the courts have disagreed with you. You are free to your own opinion, but frankly, your opinion has been proven wrong through many legal challenges.
    Well forcing tax payers to fund a religion that treats women less than equally is also not good. I think defund and unentangle government from Catholic hospitals and doctors. No insurance or indigent reimbursment. The government should only fund secular medical facilities.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well forcing tax payers to fund a religion that treats women less than equally is also not good. I think defund and unentangle government from Catholic hospitals and doctors. No insurance or indigent reimbursment. The government should only fund secular medical facilities.
    You are free to that opinion too. People disagree with you, as of today. So too bad.

    I believe there are a lot of orgs that should be defunded by government dollars.

    Unfortunately, people aren't on my side yet. So I have to get over it.
    Last edited by buck; 02-17-12 at 08:18 PM.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    You are free to that opinion too. People disagree with you, as of today. So too bad.
    Too bad? Well most agree that women should be represented in discussions that directly concern them. So too bad for you as well.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Well forcing tax payers to fund a religion that treats women less than equally is also not good. I think defund and unentangle government from Catholic hospitals and doctors. No insurance or indigent reimbursment. The government should only fund secular medical facilities.
    The government should fund none of it religious or not and the Constitution demands they are not involved in such a way.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Too bad? Well most agree that women should be represented in discussions that directly concern them. So too bad for you as well.
    Most would understand what they want is irreverent since we are talking about forcing someone else to cover what they want.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The government should fund none of it religious or not and the Constitution demands they are not involved in such a way.
    I know lets go back to back to the olden days, where everyone fended for themselves and I could sell magic cancer cures to unsuspecting old people. Where women knew their place, and we were free to discriminate. That is the America Jesus loved.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    I know lets go back to back to the olden days, where everyone fended for themselves and I could sell magic cancer cures to unsuspecting old people. Where women knew their place, and we were free to discriminate. That is the America Jesus loved.
    Great way to defend actions kenvin on some sort of foundation.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Most would understand what they want is irreverent since we are talking about forcing someone else to cover what they want.

    Well You mean the women who earn the insurance as compensation through their job and thus should be considered the people actually paying the premium shouldn't have a say in what their premium pays for. Oh

  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Angry lawmakers challenge lineup at hearing: 'Where are the women?'

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Too bad? Well most agree that women should be represented in discussions that directly concern them. So too bad for you as well.
    What brought me into the discussion was my agreement with Mr. Vichio's comment that the conversation isn't about women's rights. The conversation is about religious freedom. The media and democrats are trying to switch the conversation to one they would rather have, since they can't possibly win the debate about religious freedom.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •