Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 219

Thread: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

  1. #71
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Such odd outrage. Kill a child good, show ger what she is killing... Outrage.
    so you do agree with this. duly noted, mr v.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #72
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, passing a law requiring a woman to allow a doctor shove something up her vagina, is pretty ****ing outrageous.

    how would you like a law requiring a prostate exam..with a long thick metal tool?
    Your comparison is not accurate. There is no law requiring an abortion.

    However, for your example, if there was a law requiring that prostate exams use a long thick metal tool, then I hate to burst your bubble but that already exists through regulation, and that power was strengthened through the insurance overhaul law.

  3. #73
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    I just thought of my wife having to go through this because we were in a unfortunate set of circumstances. I would lose my mind. This violates ever personal right and liberty a woman/citizen has.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Your comparison is not accurate. There is no law requiring an abortion.

    However, for your example, if there was a law requiring that prostate exams use a long thick metal tool, then I hate to burst your bubble but that already exists through regulation, and that power was strengthened through the insurance overhaul law.
    there is no law forcing men to get a colonoscopy.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I just thought of my wife having to go through this because we were in a unfortunate set of circumstances. I would lose my mind. This violates ever personal right and liberty a woman/citizen has.
    civil disobedience would be in order, to oppose these disgusting procedures.

  6. #76
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Your comparison is not accurate. There is no law requiring an abortion.

    However, for your example, if there was a law requiring that prostate exams use a long thick metal tool, then I hate to burst your bubble but that already exists through regulation, and that power was strengthened through the insurance overhaul law.
    Unless I am mistaken, you can refuse a prostate exam, and they don't show you a picture of digested cheese burger at the end.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #77
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    there is no law forcing men to get a colonoscopy.
    No, but there is regulation around what is an acceptable practice for a colonoscopy.

  8. #78
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, you can refuse a prostate exam, and they don't show you a picture of digested cheese burger at the end.
    all medical treatments are elective. None is required if you don't ask for it. Asking for the procedure binds you to accept the method of which the procedure is delivered.

  9. #79
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    No, but there is regulation around what is an acceptable practice for a colonoscopy.
    This is a government mandate.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #80
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    This is a government mandate.
    No, its a government regulation when one asks for a procedure. Similar to getting a driver's license, you accept the rules and regulations of the contract you've asked to be a party to.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •