Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 219

Thread: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

  1. #31
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And what a fetus *actually* looks like at the first trimester mark:



    How'd you like to take that "baby" to a ball game?
    Gladly, it's a living person.

    The "unnecessary" medical procedure that should evoke outrage isn't the Va. law's sonogram, it's the ending of a life for the selfishness of the one who helped create it irresponsibly. Unless it's a case of rape, malformation. or life of the mother/child abortion should be shunned by all civilized people.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #32
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Gladly, it's a living person.

    The "unnecessary" medical procedure that should evoke outrage isn't the Va. law's sonogram, it's the ending of a life for the selfishness of the one who helped create it irresponsibly. Unless it's a case of rape, malformation. or life of the mother/child abortion should be shunned by all civilized people.
    Regardless of what you believe about when life begins, the procedure being mandated is unnecessary. It's an overreach of power by the state government. How can you call yourself and small government Conservative and celebrate this?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    its very simple: women are NOT second-class citizens. government has no right to force women to stick something up their vagina, especially if it has NOTHING to do with the life or health of the woman.

    this is a discretionary prodecure, and if I was a woman I would politely refuse to allow it.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    They are, we just ignore that for political ideology. Kinda like how we used to allow slavery...
    Strawman.

    And if they aren't notified of the pending birth? What then? "Oh sorry sir, you should have filed the paperwork before the child was born, you owe 55% of your paycheck plus 5 years of back child support.
    I'm not going to go through every what if scenario you can come up with, I don't have the time. I'm not going to ask you a questions like "What if the woman dies of an infection because the instrument used to do the vaginal ultrasound wasn't sterile?"

    What a nice dodge.
    Not a dodge, it's what I believe. It just doesn't fit your argument against me.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #35
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Strawman.
    No, I was equating, not saying you made that argument and then knocking it down. If you're going to use the term strawman, at least use it right, it's embarrassing to read.


    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I'm not going to go through every what if scenario you can come up with, I don't have the time. I'm not going to ask you a questions like "What if the woman dies of an infection because the instrument used to do the vaginal ultrasound wasn't sterile?"
    The simple, easy and correct answer is "Three months to "abort" their rights and responsibilities from the day they are notified of the pending childbirth, and to make things "fair" they should have to meet their off spring, should birth have occurred or see the sonogram of the child pre-birth as part of the normal pregnancy process. Your dishonesty on this subject is astounding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not a dodge, it's what I believe. It just doesn't fit your argument against me.
    You dodged the entire premise because you DO support government controlling peoples lives. When it suits your political ideology.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #36
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Regardless of what you believe about when life begins, the procedure being mandated is unnecessary. It's an overreach of power by the state government. How can you call yourself and small government Conservative and celebrate this?
    I don't celebrate this, I celebrate the chance to highlight the hypocrisy of those that support killing unborn children.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't celebrate this, I celebrate the chance to highlight the hypocrisy of those that support killing unborn children.
    you actually "celebrate" such a thing?

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, I was equating, not saying you made that argument and then knocking it down. If you're going to use the term strawman, at least use it right, it's embarrassing to read.
    Maybe. Still slavery is irrelevant to abortion rights.

    The simple, easy and correct answer is "Three months to "abort" their rights and responsibilities from the day they are notified of the pending childbirth, and to make things "fair" they should have to meet their off spring, should birth have occurred or see the sonogram of the child pre-birth as part of the normal pregnancy process. Your dishonesty on this subject is astounding.
    And I wouldn't necessarily be against that, I'm just not going to answer every hypothetical you can come up with.

    You dodged the entire premise because you DO support government controlling peoples lives. When it suits your political ideology.
    In ways that protect the peoples basic needs and security, not in unnecessary ways, like this.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    "The ultrasound legislation would constitute an unprecedented government mandate to insert vaginal ultrasonic probes into women as part of a state-ordered effort to dissuade them from terminating pregnancies, legislative opponents noted.

    "We're talking about inside a woman's body," Del. Charnielle Herring, a Democrat, said in an emotional floor speech. "This is the first time, if we pass this bill, that we will be dictating a medical procedure to a physician.""

    Wow. Stay out of my vagina Virginia.
    I support baby step abortion curbs.They will eventually lead to severe restriction and possibly a ban.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Va. House GOP muscles through abortion curbs

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I support baby step abortion curbs.They will eventually lead to severe restriction and possibly a ban.
    including ones that violate a woman's basic liberties?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •