Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 192

Thread: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

  1. #41
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Show me any proof what so ever that the entirely of catholics knew what any priest was doing?
    Why does the "entirety" of catholics need to know what was going on when the catholic authorities knew? Your arguments are getting desperate.

    What is it that makes you think you are smarter than me?
    1) I know how to construct an argument without resorting to desperate dodging.
    2) I know how to construct an argument without resorting to logical fallacies.
    3) I know how to argue without falling into straw man.
    4) I know how to spell (but that one isn't so important if the other 3 aren't present, which isn't your case)
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #42
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why does the "entirety" of catholics need to know what was going on when the catholic authorities knew? Your arguments are getting desperate.



    1) I know how to construct an argument without resorting to desperate dodging.
    2) I know how to construct an argument without resorting to logical fallacies.
    3) I know how to argue without falling into straw man.
    4) I know how to spell (but that one isn't so important if the other 3 aren't present, which isn't your case)
    First off, largely those on this thread and many other threads on these boards have been attacking Catholics. Or all catholic priests. That is not reaching. It is what you people are doing. There are no logical fallacies on my end or desperate dodging. You people are making child molestation a problem of the Catholics in this country rather than a problem with our country or the people who doing it. I am capable of realizing the problem as a whole, while you and your type can't see that. You seem content looking for someone to put all the problems of society on so that you don't have to face reality. Sorry but your going to have to try a little harder than that. Just because you say so or because you don't want to beleive something doesnt make it a logical fallacy or desperate dodging or anything else you want to call it. Catholics, and the catholic church are good people. At least the majority of them are. No different than any other religion.

  3. #43
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    If the Catholic Church wants to save face, they would be in a far better position if they weeded out and handed over members that they believe are child molesters. The alternative of covering the problem up is not fooling anybody and certainly not in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    First off, largely those on this thread and many other threads on these boards have been attacking Catholics. Or all catholic priests. That is not reaching.
    Didn't see it. Don't care.

    It is what you people are doing. There are no logical fallacies on my end or desperate dodging. You people are making child molestation a problem of the Catholics in this country rather than a problem with our country or the people who doing it.
    Straw man 1.

    I am capable of realizing the problem as a whole, while you and your type can't see that.
    Boring ad hom # - don't care to count cause it's all you do.

    You seem content looking for someone to put all the problems of society on so that you don't have to face reality.
    Relativist straw man 1.

    Sorry but your going to have to try a little harder than that.
    I'm not trying. Your arguments are too weak for me to pretend they deserve an actual response.

    Just because you say so or because you don't want to beleive something doesnt make it a logical fallacy or desperate dodging or anything else you want to call it.
    And yet, that's exactly what your presence on this forum has actually been. I don't say so: logical arguments do.

    Catholics, and the catholic church are good people. At least the majority of them are. No different than any other religion.
    Straw man argument 2.

    Are you done with the weak arguments now?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Didn't see it. Don't care.



    Straw man 1.



    Boring ad hom # - don't care to count cause it's all you do.



    Relativist straw man 1.



    I'm not trying. Your arguments are too weak for me to pretend they deserve an actual response.



    And yet, that's exactly what your presence on this forum has actually been. I don't say so: logical arguments do.



    Straw man argument 2.

    Are you done with the weak arguments now?
    Nothing more than a failed attempt at a response by someone who is not capable of actually formulating one.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Article can be found here (Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God)

    [/FONT]
    To sum up my views on this, I would like to say that I would have no problem if something were to "accidentally" happen to these imbeciles. Like, if they were "accidentally" beaten till they were black and blue or "accidentally" sent to Gitmo and subject to psychological torture. If either of those things happened, I'd be hard-pressed to find a problem with it.
    For the record, there isn't any substantial proof that there are any more pedophiles in the Catholic Church than there are in the general population. Moreover, a Catholic priest pedophile acts exactly like any other pedophile. He manipulates his victims with phrases like, "it's what God wants", so things like that are less a reflection on the Church than on the nature of pedophiles.

    The problem with the Catholic Church is it's cover up and subsequent arrogance. It's leaders have consistently spat in the face of abuse victims and insulted the intelligence of the public by condemning for things like birth control and abortion all the while sacrificing children up to pedophiles.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Nothing more than a failed attempt at a response by someone who is not capable of actually formulating one.
    This from the guy who bitched that nobody cares about lesbian child molestation? Haha. Don't make me laugh.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Article can be found here (Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God)

    [/FONT]


    To sum up my views on this, I would like to say that I would have no problem if something were to "accidentally" happen to these imbeciles. Like, if they were "accidentally" beaten till they were black and blue or "accidentally" sent to Gitmo and subject to psychological torture. If either of those things happened, I'd be hard-pressed to find a problem with it.

    Another SNAP attorney, and deplorable human being to boot....

    Bankruptcy Sheds Light on Leading Abuse Attorney’s Earnings

    Ray Boucher Bankruptcy Sheds Light on Abuse Attorney
    Bottom feeders like this profit enormously on victims, then when the time comes that they themselves have the oppritunity to do the right thing in a divorce, they all of the sudden find ways to screw those that were supposedly closest to them...This guy sounds like a typical POS.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    And you call yourself a libertarian. LOL
    Since you don't know anything about my political views, I'll politely ask you to STFU.

    Guess what? There's more dimensions to Libertarianism than Ron Paul's BS.

  10. #50
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Well kiddo, thanks for cutting off the rest of my point. It isn't the only religion that makes mistakes or have idiots in the ranks.

    If I find a super liberal who rapes children should I post them up and say those damn liberals, this is just what they wanted. Do you think I am supporting the priest in any way? Do you think I support child molestation? No. Clearly not. I am saying everyone in this country finds it so easy to bash catholics, but they are to afraid to go after anyone else. It is weak.

    It is rather silly to attempt a comparison between a lone rapist (Liberal or Not), and the systematic molestation of children condoned through the organization that employs the perpetrators..

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •