Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 192

Thread: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

  1. #31
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Turns out people of every religion, race, sex, political orientation ect have molested children. Hating a group of people because of their religious affiliations makes you people ignorant. You are no better than KKK members or people who harass homosexuals. Take your hate speeches elsewhere. You are disgusting.
    Thanks for the drive-by post, but I think most of us have made it clear why the Catholic church is at fault. Try reading the thread before spewing forth ignorant insults.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #32
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    I did read it. And it is a bunch of nonsense and people justifying their hate for a group of people.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Millions of catholics in the world. Thousands have possibly molested children. You find it acceptable to run around acting like the entire church is doing it. Bet you think all black guys are criminals, all gay people have aids, jews are cheap, and every other stereo type you have ever heard too. Learn some tolerance and stop being so ignorant.

  4. #34
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I did read it. And it is a bunch of nonsense and people justifying their hate for a group of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Millions of catholics in the world. Thousands have possibly molested children. You find it acceptable to run around acting like the entire church is doing it. Bet you think all black guys are criminals, all gay people have aids, jews are cheap, and every other stereo type you have ever heard too. Learn some tolerance and stop being so ignorant.
    Nonsense. No one has said any of that.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  5. #35
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Nonsense. No one has said any of that.
    Really? Where do you draw the line at when your hate and discrimination is ok evan?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Really? Where do you draw the line at when your hate and discrimination is ok evan?
    If you don't know where the line is drawn, don't attempt to draw it yourself. Everyone here who is condemning this is complaining about the fact that this is not a problem of a few hundred people here and there being molested but thousands worldwide being molested and the hierarchy of the church doing absolutely nothing of value to stop it. As a matter of fact the church leaders have done the opposite by relocating and hiding criminals from the police. Your strawman is just that, a strawman.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-14-12 at 06:48 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #37
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Catholicism is what's left of the Dark Ages. It should be packed away, and put in a museum where it belongs.
    That's funny because the Church helped Europe get OUT of the Dark Ages...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #38
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you don't know where the line is drawn, don't attempt to draw it yourself. Everyone here who is condemning this is complaining about the fact that this is not a problem of a few hundred people here and there being molested but thousands worldwide being molested and the hierarchy of the church doing absolutely nothing of value to stop it. As a matter of fact the church leaders have done the opposite by relocating and hiding criminals from the police. Your strawman is just that, a strawman.
    What are they supposed to be doing? How are christians stopping molestations? Or muslims? Jews? Athiests? Whites? Blacks? Gays? Lesbians? Rich? Poor? Any of them doing anything? No? Why single out catholics? Discrimination? Thats the only reason i can think of.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    What are they supposed to be doing?
    Calling the local police to inform them of child molestation. A simple phone call is all it takes.

    How are christians stopping molestations? Or muslims? Jews? Athiests? Whites? Blacks? Gays? Lesbians? Rich? Poor? Any of them doing anything? No? Why single out catholics? Discrimination? Thats the only reason i can think of.
    Save the dodging for somebody who isn't smarter than you. If I found out a kid was being molested, my race, spiritual beliefs, sexual or whatever would be last thing stopping me from reporting it to the police. As a matter of fact my moral conviction would be the only thing I'd need in order to take action against it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #40
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Priest allegedly told rape victim: ‘This is what God’s love feels like’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Calling the local police to inform them of child molestation. A simple phone call is all it takes.
    Show me any proof what so ever that the entirely of catholics knew what any priest was doing?
    Save the dodging for somebody who isn't smarter than you.
    What is it that makes you think you are smarter than me? Is it your discrimination against a group of people? or is it the fact that you can buy into stereotypes? Oh I know maybe its your ability to follow a party blindly rather than use your so called intelligence to decide things for yourself? Let me know when you can. I just cant wait to be so super smart like you.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •