Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I'd say he's probably unlikely to win the Nobel, but surely a front-runner for a Presidential Pardon.
    I don't think so, any president that would pardon Manning would be setting a precedence that it is ok to leak classified information out.

    I don't see Obama pardoning Manning at all.

  2. #22
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    He deserves it.



    That things been thrown around so much it means nothing now.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't think so, any president that would pardon Manning would be setting a precedence that it is ok to leak classified information out.

    I don't see Obama pardoning Manning at all.
    Perhaps not, but a commutation a la Bibby might seem appropriate.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #24
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    For a second there I thought they were talking about the football manning dude. Whatever his name is.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #25
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    For a second there I thought they were talking about the football manning dude. Whatever his name is.
    That would have made a hell of a lot more sense.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    a person shining a light on so government secrets is a million times more worthy then Obama in getting this award.

    The thing is, that never happened. Outside of acknowledging that they talk about each other behind their backs.

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And people complained that Obama was a bad choice for the peace prize(and he was a bad choice). He is looking pretty good compared to this nomination.

    Nah, Obama was an ass kissingly bad choice too.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    The thing is, that never happened. Outside of acknowledging that they talk about each other behind their backs.
    one video provided people with a rare glimpse into the cluster **** that often times surrounds war.

  9. #29
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    one video provided people with a rare glimpse into the cluster **** that often times surrounds war.
    Assume you're referring to the incident where the Reuters reporters were killed. The only cluster about that is the fact that Reuters allowed their reproters to embed with insurgents in a combat zone. Its like wanting to experience deer life and dressing up in a deer suit and going out on opening day of hunting season. Remarkably stupid.

  10. #30
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Assume you're referring to the incident where the Reuters reporters were killed. The only cluster about that is the fact that Reuters allowed their reproters to embed with insurgents in a combat zone. Its like wanting to experience deer life and dressing up in a deer suit and going out on opening day of hunting season. Remarkably stupid.
    these were not imbedded reporters, that is a fabrication
    .

    an earlier release showed that some prisoners were off-limits to the International Committee of the Red Cross in Guantanamo and the military had to stop denying this fact.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •