Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 270

Thread: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It was right there in the article of the thread you posted. Didn't you read the article first, or only the headline and thought, hey, this is good to throw out against the wall....


    j-mac
    Yes. I did ask the question re: your opinion. I remember this case from 2009... and I did read the article.

    Saving a life should NOT be a mortal sin.. not a justification for ex communication.

    Had the Nun Administrator refused the life saving procedure on this unfortunate mother, she would forever live with the guilt of having taken a life without cause.

    One of my doctors transfused a drop in patient in end stage labor... She had four children under six at home and no prenatal care. He delivered the baby in the ER and she proceeded to hemorrhage (bleed out).. He started a life saving transfusion and her husband went crazy..

    They were Jehovah's Witnesses.. He transfused her anyway.. and within a half hour a lawyer 300 miles away was threatening to sue.

    Should this young doctor have allowed her to die? Should he have had to live with that on his conscience... not to mention leaving 4 young children motherless?

    I was so furious.. that my inclination was that she should have had her baby in the parking lot and let her husband deliver it..

  2. #252
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ah, so Catholics want the ability to have a healthcare plan that provides NO abortion, Plan B, or birth-control pills.

    how about if their employees are allowed to purchase an optionl rider that covers such things? would that be enough?
    Yes. See, instead of predetermining what I am going to say, try asking the question and waiting for the response.

    See, Catholics get contraceptives now don't they? How are they doing that? They are buying them, but they don't buy them from the Church. And the Church is not forced to sell them to the people, either directly, or indirectly. It is called religious freedom. And whether you like it or not, it is protected.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes. See, instead of predetermining what I am going to say, try asking the question and waiting for the response.

    See, Catholics get contraceptives now don't they? How are they doing that? They are buying them, but they don't buy them from the Church. And the Church is not forced to sell them to the people, either directly, or indirectly. It is called religious freedom. And whether you like it or not, it is protected.

    j-mac
    how about an optional rider, that includes birth control pills?

    would that upset the sensibilities of the Pope?

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how about an optional rider, that includes birth control pills?

    would that upset the sensibilities of the Pope?
    Funny thing.. Muslims practice birth control.. While children are considered a blessing and family is encouraged.. birth control is seen as a way of spacing children for the health of the mother and new born.

    I can't say I really understand the Catholic Church, yet they have the right to their doctrine. I just wonder about all those otherwise observant Catholics who practice birth control... Can they take communion or are they forced into hypocrisy?

  5. #255
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    how about an optional rider, that includes birth control pills?

    would that upset the sensibilities of the Pope?

    I don't presume to speak for the Pope, but I already said yes.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't presume to speak for the Pope, but I already said yes.


    j-mac
    well, that's his damn problem.

  7. #257
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Funny thing.. Muslims practice birth control.. While children are considered a blessing and family is encouraged.. birth control is seen as a way of spacing children for the health of the mother and new born.

    I can't say I really understand the Catholic Church, yet they have the right to their doctrine. I just wonder about all those otherwise observant Catholics who practice birth control... Can they take communion or are they forced into hypocrisy?
    Most in my experience are hypocrites, religiously speaking, which is one of the reasons that I had a twenty year plus foray into agnosticism, before joining a Methodist Church.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Most in my experience are hypocrites, religiously speaking, which is one of the reasons that I had a twenty year plus foray into agnosticism, before joining a Methodist Church.


    j-mac
    LOLOL..

    I had asked you earlier about the blood transfusion...

    This hospital was in SC btw.........

  9. #259
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    well, that's his damn problem.

    Yep, in my opinion it is. But, the question isn't really about the Pope as an individual, or a leader. Church doctrine is what it is, but the idea you had of a ryder that the insured buys, would be one way I think could be a solution.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #260
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    LOLOL..

    I had asked you earlier about the blood transfusion...

    This hospital was in SC btw.........
    Is that right?, heh, heh....I totally missed it.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •