Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 270

Thread: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    should a Catholic hospital have the right to NOT treat, and turn away a gay man, based on their religious beliefs?

    turn away a Jew?

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No one's deprived of any "basic liberty," period. Not in anything concerning this HHS mandate, and not in your scenario concerning complications from a bris.

    No one.
    if my employer refuses to pay for the healthcare of my son, because he has complications with is bris, that is discrimination and evil.

  3. #213
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You say 'grasp the doctrine' as if it were based on logic or reason.

    The bible is a collection of stories, letters, poems--a history of early western civ mythology.

    The catechism of the Catholic church is their rule book, if you will, outlining their dogma, traditions, and mean by which they keep their peeps in line.

    What does that have to do with modern medicine, and the basic freedoms of adults?

    Answer me this: How can anyone argue that celibate men should be setting rules for women on sexuality???


    Freedom being he operative word. You can be a Catholic and still use rubbers.
    This entire post is nonsensical gibberish. It's also entirely beside the point -- no one cares, and no one should care, what you personally think of Catholic doctrine.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    should a Catholic hospital have the right to NOT treat, and turn away a gay man, based on their religious beliefs?

    turn away a Jew?
    ??????????????

  5. #215
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    if my employer refuses to pay for the healthcare of my son, because he has complications with is bris, that is discrimination and evil.
    Which "basic liberty" is being "deprived"? Do you have an answer for that?

    And your personal moral view on it is beside the point. Freedom isn't about being allowed to do only those things which you consider moral. That's no "freedom" at all.

    Unfortunately for people who think the way you do, actual freedom and liberty mean that people are going to make choices you don't like. I know it's tough for you to handle, but that's your personal problem.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    should a Catholic hospital have the right to NOT treat, and turn away a gay man, based on their religious beliefs?

    turn away a Jew?
    answer the question, Harshaw.

  7. #217
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    answer the question, Harshaw.
    Answer mine first, sweetie. Which "basic liberty" is being deprived?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Answer mine first, sweetie. Which "basic liberty" is being deprived?
    the liberty to be treated equally and fairly.

    now, answer my question.

    and btw, you're not my type...sorry to dissapoint ya.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This entire post is nonsensical gibberish. It's also entirely beside the point -- no one cares, and no one should care, what you personally think of Catholic doctrine.
    I know more about Catholic doctrine than you do. The history of the Catholicism, the reasons behind the rules. Control. Greed.

    I grew up in the Episcopal church and married into the Catholic faith. I grew up w/o the pope. And don't much see a need for one now. However, I support my wife's desire to have our children go through the process and then make their own decisions after Confirmation.

    You see, college classes on comparative religions and studying the bible as literature have corrupted my thinking, by opening my mind.

    When you really want to get educated, PM me. Otherwise, spare us the personal attacks--you just look foolish and embarrass yourself.

  10. #220
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Catholics hear anti-Obama letter in church

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the liberty to be treated equally and fairly.
    That's not a "liberty." And they are, anyway, because no one else in the same employ gets the coverage that they don't. Equal treatment. ("Fair?" It really doesn't matter if you personally think it is or not.)

    So, bzzzzzzt. Wrong answer.


    now, answer my question "sweetie".
    Sure, toots.

    1) It's a moot point, because a Catholic hospital, consistent with its beliefs, wouldn't do so. "Love thy neighbor" is the rule, as is "love the sinner, hate the sin." If you think Catholics, as a matter of doctrine, would turn away a gay man for being gay, then it's you who have a tremendous religious bigotry, based in ignorance. (As is your "bris" example which I indulged, because not only does it show how monstrous you ignorantly think Catholics are, you also seem to think that circumcision is somehow proscribed by the Church.)

    2) It's not a comparable situation in any respect. It would be intentional neglect of someone who needs care. Not wishing to pay for someone's personal choices which conflict with church views is not in any way, shape, or form the same thing.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •