Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 914

Thread: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

  1. #81
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It also has nothing to do with much of how we look at weapons today. Largely it had to do with the use of a citizen militia, and not the people just being heavily armed because they wanted to be. it was also more a tool, like a car today, back than it is now.

    I'm sorry you somehow read things a snotty. I don't get it, but I can't do much about your self esteem. The point is, you still are allowed to have guns. It's a simply point and in no way looking down on anyone.



    Your argument is asinine as is your position. Let's ban all cars except for smart cars, you would tell a family of 8 "You can own a car, I am right" arrogant ignorance.... So annoying.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #82
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That would be like telling a black man that during slavery, at least he had a job.
    Hardly. YOu are, as you have always been, able to own a gun or guns. No one is abusing you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Your argument is asinine as is your position. Let's ban all cars except for smart cars, you would tell a family of 8 "You can own a car, I am right" arrogant ignorance.... So annoying.
    Noone has done anything like that with guns, but in fact, cars have regulations and limits as well. And in somestates, you even have to have them inspected to make sure they meet a minimal standard, or you can't drive them.

    Being hyperbolic won't convince me. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Did you own a gun in the 90's? Are those guns banned today? The point is, your guns have not been taken away. There have nearly always been regulations. All the way back to US v Miller, sawed off shots were banned in some places. But, gun ownership remained, and remains constant. All that fretting, meaningless.
    Talking about meaningless...........

    No one said the assault weapons ban took guns away from anyone. In case you are unfamiliar with the law, which seems obvious based on your comments, the AWB signed into law by Clinton banned the manufacture of guns based on their appearance. It had absolutely nothing to do with their firepower or lethality.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #85
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. YOu are, as you have always been, able to own a gun or guns. No one is abusing you.
    Sure, you can own the guns that the government says you can, but guns that "look" dangerous were outlawed.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #86
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    Being hyperbolic won't convince me. Sorry.



    True, then again, folks being right, won't convince you either.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #87
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    If you owned an m14, ar-15, or ak clone before NJ's AWB, then you had to get rid of it, defacto confiscation. I.E. "taken away".
    Why would I want one? If I wanted to hunt I still can, and if I was so scared that I only felt safe with a gun, I can still have one.
    By that logic, it would not be a violation of religious freedom for the government to ban certain religions. If it's illegal to be a Catholic, but you can still be a Methodist, then your freedom is not being violated, right?
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #88
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,100

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That guy is, by law, a dealer.
    A collector doesn't engage in the business of selling firearms, he's breaking the law.

    Instead of poo pooing about private sales and gun shows, they should of turned that guy into the ATF.
    Glad that you seem to agree the law was being broken at that particular gun show in AZ.

    Those videos have been made available to the public and I would hope the proper authorities will follow up on this, now that someone has shed some light on what goes on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    True, then again, folks being right, won't convince you either.
    It would help if you were right.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    By that logic, it would not be a violation of religious freedom for the government to ban certain religions. If it's illegal to be a Catholic, but you can still be a Methodist, then your freedom is not being violated, right?
    Not a very good comparison at all. Our laws on relgion are not prefaced with being well regulated. Same with cars. Or meat. Or any number of products that we are allowed to regulate for a varity of reasons. Apples anmd tee frog comparisons don't help either. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •