Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 914

Thread: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

  1. #651
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It would be like AZ sending it's cops to brooklyn to operate a strawman sting... do you think king bloomberg would stand for that?
    I'm not arguing that it was a good move, or politically correct. I'm just sayin' that I can't find anything illegal about it.

  2. #652
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Heh. OK. "Demonstrate" it.
    Okay. Read the last 20 pages of the thread.

  3. #653
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    A few observations after watching the actual undercover videos that were made in AZ:

    1. The sellers asked to see the buyer's ID to confirm that he was an Arizona resident;

    2. These "non-dealer" sellers each had what appears to be a minimum of a dozen guns for sale.

  4. #654
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Apples <-> Oranges. Bloomberg's people didn't mail order the guns from Arizona. They had people in Arizona buy the guns in Arizona.


    Who lied on federal forms, a felony. It is not "apples oranges" as much as you like to think, there is a legal way to purchase a gun out of state, and there is the way douchebag bloomberg did it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #655
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm not arguing that it was a good move, or politically correct. I'm just sayin' that I can't find anything illegal about it.


    And did someone say you were an "attorney"?



    What does the top of this form say counselor?


    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #656
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Further more "counselor"


    "It is lawful for NY residents to purchase or obtain rifles or shotguns in a contiguous state and to receive and transport said rifle and shotguns into the state, provided the person is otherwise eligible to possess a rifle or shotgun under NY law."


    NRA-ILA | New York



    So, there are two laws I found right there, and The Good Reverend has no Law License.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #657
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    I'll say it again...Bloomberg going to other states (like Arizona) to attack the 'source' of illegal gun usage is just comical. The BATF report shows that New York State is the single largest provider of illegal firearms recovered in NYC...420 of 2,981 traces. Arizona is one of the 36 states that averaged just 13 weapons traced to illegal gun usage in NYC. Gun Show sales are not the 'problem' and it is simply inconceivable that anyone is actually stupid enough to continue to believe that mandatory background checks will prevent criminals from gaining access to illegal firearms. Those that are actually stupid enough to believe that do what most fools of that ilk always do...yay...look at us...we 'did' something. No...you didnt. You spent all your time and resources attacking legal law abiding citizens and ignored the criminals. You didnt solve anything...you didnt accomplish anything. At BEST you created a minor annoyance for law abiding citizens.

  8. #658
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Who lied on federal forms, a felony. It is not "apples oranges" as much as you like to think, there is a legal way to purchase a gun out of state, and there is the way douchebag bloomberg did it.
    What federal forms? You seem to miss the entire point of this exercise. The guns were purchased from private sellers. As the sellers themselves states, "no forms to fill out."

    One thing you should understand, my non-counseler friend, is that you should not assume facts not in evidence. In this case, for example, there is no evidence that:

    1. The purchasers were not Arizona residents;

    2. The guns were ever transported out of Arizona.

    I move for a directed verdict.

  9. #659
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Further more "counselor"


    "It is lawful for NY residents to purchase or obtain rifles or shotguns in a contiguous state and to receive and transport said rifle and shotguns into the state, provided the person is otherwise eligible to possess a rifle or shotgun under NY law."


    NRA-ILA | New York



    So, there are two laws I found right there, and The Good Reverend has no Law License.....
    Awesome. Now all you have to do is establish that, (1) the buyer was a NY resident (despite the fact that he showed an ID establishing AZ residence), and (2) that the guns were transported to New York.

    I shall await your evidence.


  10. #660
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Okay. Read the last 20 pages of the thread.
    That's what I figured.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •