Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 914

Thread: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

  1. #641
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but you are unable to understand that if these people bought guns when they weren't residents of the state in question that is a violation of federal law
    I'm able to understand that you are unable to cite to any law that supports your false assertion.

  2. #642
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, you weren't. You were talking abstract theory, which is why you said "if."
    No, I wasn't. Try to keep up with the conversation.

  3. #643
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It would be like Brewer sending some guys to NYC to buy crack and after they bought it, she held a press conference whining that NY didn't enforce federal drug laws. Those buyers of the crack cannot claim that they are above the law just because they were there to embarass the mayor
    No, it wouldn't be like that at all, because buying guns is legal and buying crack is not.

  4. #644
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,500

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, I wasn't. Try to keep up with the conversation.
    Well, it's not like there was ever a chance you'd admit it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #645
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,272

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm able to understand that you are unable to cite to any law that supports your false assertion.



    Are you that ignorant? In order to buy a gun out of state, one must transfer it to a licened dealer in your state. For example I can buy a gun and have in PA. however, I cannot take possession of it until its transfer to an FFL in my state and all applications in my state are satisfied.


    I trailed off this topic as hoplophobia is such an ugly thing and not worth my time, but I see lawyers arguing with each other over laws I seem to know more about than half the "attorneys" in this discussion, I just hafta say.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #646
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,272

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it wouldn't be like that at all, because buying guns is legal and buying crack is not.


    It would be like AZ sending it's cops to brooklyn to operate a strawman sting... do you think king bloomberg would stand for that?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #647
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It would be like AZ sending it's cops to brooklyn to operate a strawman sting... do you think king bloomberg would stand for that?
    Or to investigate illigal aliens employed there or something.

    yes - ridiculous . . . I know the mayor means well in this effort to try to track down illegally bought guns because they're involved in crimes - but he should work WITH authorities and not against or without them.

    And I don't think I'd be thrilled AT ALL if my mayor used MY tax money to tinker in another state - in fact: I'd be infuriated and confrontational. How much money was it - what ELSE could it have been used for? How many times do we hear from our officials in our towns and cities that 'there's no enough money, we can't fund improvement of the school, sidewalk, roads, buildings or waterways' - and then they spend mounds of it in stuff that doesn't necessarily directly affect the community?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #648
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, it's not like there was ever a chance you'd admit it.
    True, I would never "admit" something that's demonstrably false.

  9. #649
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Are you that ignorant? In order to buy a gun out of state, one must transfer it to a licened dealer in your state. For example I can buy a gun and have in PA. however, I cannot take possession of it until its transfer to an FFL in my state and all applications in my state are satisfied.


    I trailed off this topic as hoplophobia is such an ugly thing and not worth my time, but I see lawyers arguing with each other over laws I seem to know more about than half the "attorneys" in this discussion, I just hafta say.....
    Apples <-> Oranges. Bloomberg's people didn't mail order the guns from Arizona. They had people in Arizona buy the guns in Arizona.

  10. #650
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,500

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    True, I would never "admit" something that's demonstrably false.
    Heh. OK. "Demonstrate" it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •