Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 914

Thread: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Background checks as they exist today are instant and easy to produce for everyone, and there is no problem. In Va, at least, a check takes less than 30 minutes under most circumstances, and convicted felons are barred from owning guns legally. So what is the problem?...
    what's the problem?

    folks are still somehow able to buy guns illegally.

    how are they doing this? because folks are legally buying lots of guns at the same time, and then illegally selling them on the streets of Newark. did the dealer know the buyer was gonna do this? of course not.

    also, the ATF keeps finding out that dealers are lying on their records, and not reporting gun sales, and then they go bust them. But these records come in months after the illegal activity. If the records were digital & instant, as they should be in the ****ing second decade of the damn 21st century, these things might happen quicker.

    the ATF shouldn't have to rely upon the honesty & integrity of gun dealers, to get their wholesale/retail sales records. that's just insane.

  2. #482
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    we're not talking about the machanics of firearms. we're talking about gun laws.

    if you want to start another thread about the in's & out's of specific firearms, feel free.

    and btw, I have shot more than a couple guns in my lifetime.
    No. We are talking about the subject, you have displayed an appaling lack of knowledge about the constitution, in fact you pretty much empowered the same failed judicial eras of the past that agreed with your bastardized reading of the constitution trying to make your point. You do not understand the second amendment or the commerce clause or intentionally go with your preferred interpretation of such(the flawed reading of course). I will say this, if you don't even know the principle of firearms that all share(blackpowder to revolvers to autos to artillery) which ties them all into the firearms family. If you don't know basic crime statistics which you have shown a deficiency of understanding, etc. then your opinion is not a fully formed one and based on little more than emotion. Thus it is useless.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    No....
    that's fine.

  4. #484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No. We are talking about the subject, you have displayed an appaling lack of knowledge about the constitution, in fact you pretty much empowered the same failed judicial eras of the past that agreed with your bastardized reading of the constitution trying to make your point. You do not understand the second amendment or the commerce clause or intentionally go with your preferred interpretation of such(the flawed reading of course). I will say this, if you don't even know the principle of firearms that all share(blackpowder to revolvers to autos to artillery) which ties them all into the firearms family. If you don't know basic crime statistics which you have shown a deficiency of understanding, etc. then your opinion is not a fully formed one and based on little more than emotion. Thus it is useless.
    I'm sorry, are we talking about me....or you?

  5. #485
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So you would say that convicted felons have a right to bear arms that cannot be abridged, yes? Will one pro-gun person at least have the balls to admit this? I could actually respect that position for at least being internally consistent.
    Not while they are in prison, of course. While one is in prison, serving a sentence for a crime of which one has been properly convicted, one suffers a significant abridgment of many of his normal rights.

    Once one has completed his sentence—“paid his debt to society”—do we deny him after that his right to free speech, and freedom of religion? Do we deny him the right to security of his possessions, as affirmed in the Fourth Amendment? Do we deny him any of the other rights and protections that are enumerated in the Bill of Rights?

    I see no reason why his rights under the Second Amendment should be any different. Once he has “paid his debt to society”, he does not owe society any further abridgment of any of his rights, until such time as he again commits another crime.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #486
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm sorry, are we talking about me....or you?
    You. You have deferred to the lowest rated courts historically to assert your flawed position. You have nothing past "well I feel......" so excuse us for not giving a ****.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    ...I see no reason why his rights under the Second Amendment should be any different. Once he has “paid his debt to society”, he does not owe society any further abridgment of any of his rights, until such time as he again commits another crime.
    you want repeat drug dealers, thieves, and rapists...to have the ability to buy a Glock????

    no thank you.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You. You have deferred to the lowest rated courts historically to assert your flawed position. You have nothing past "well I feel......" so excuse us for not giving a ****.
    you speak for the whole forum?

    huh..




    ...oh, and btw...if you don't give a ****...than don't ****ing respond to my posts.

  9. #489
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you speak for the whole forum?

    huh..




    ...oh, and btw...if you don't give a ****...than don't ****ing respond to my posts.
    Let's see, you have about a 10:3 ratio against your position. Within that ratio everyone is telling you your arguents are full of ****. And, everyone telling you that you are incorrect has brought facts. Face it, you lose.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #490
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    …The courts have no authority to create new law…
    that's not what I said.
    What you said was…

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Decisions of the Supreme Court can sometimes be seen as creating new law.
    I am saying that when the courts return such a ruling, they are doing so illegitimately. They do not have the authority to create new law. Period. If they issue a ruling which “can sometimes be seen as creating new law”, then they are usurping power that does not belong to them.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •