Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 914

Thread: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

  1. #201
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-13-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So what's the objection to registering all guns? Don't tell me -- you're afraid that the big bad gubment is going to confiscate all the guns.
    It's an unconstitutional and immoral precondition placed upon the exercise of an inalienable right.

    As a practical matter, it will cost a lot of money, increase the size and scope of government power over free individuals, and undermine one of the primary purposes of an armed citizenry, i.e., retaining the means and ability to more effectively resist a tyrannical government. And all this will be done despite the fact that there is no reason to believe that comprehensive firearm registrations will actually prevent crime to an appreciable degree.

    Brian

  2. #202
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) I don't believe you

    2) the ATF is all over those shows ( I know the ATF officers in town and I see them, DEA, FBI, and all sorts of locals at those shows)

    3) if some guy constantly is selling guns "from his private collection" that is going to draw serious attention. Plus ATF especially under DEM administrations-are constantly trying to catch people. I worked for a client at a gun show years ago and one guy asked me if I would take 600 dollars for a 400 dollar gun "without and papers". I told him I was a city prosecutor and that was illegal. I later found out he was a TFO trying to bust dealers
    1) I don't believe you. I think you are making **** up as you go along, and simply regurgiting that **** you read in your NRA flyers.

  3. #203
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post
    It's an unconstitutional and immoral precondition placed upon the exercise of an inalienable right.

    As a practical matter, it will cost a lot of money, increase the size and scope of government power over free individuals, and undermine one of the primary purposes of an armed citizenry, i.e., retaining the means and ability to more effectively resist a tyrannical government. And all this will be done despite the fact that there is no reason to believe that comprehensive firearm registrations will actually prevent crime to an appreciable degree.

    Brian
    Oh horse****. It is not unconstitutional to place reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, and there's certainly nothing immoral about it. At the end of the day it's just gun nut paranoia.

  4. #204
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-13-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Oh horse****. It is not unconstitutional to place reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, and there's certainly nothing immoral about it. At the end of the day it's just gun nut paranoia.
    If you were just going to throw a temper tantrum, then why did you ask the question? So you could disagree with me and mash your keyboard?

    Brian

  5. #205
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post
    If you were just going to throw a temper tantrum, then why did you ask the question? So you could disagree with me and mash your keyboard?

    Brian
    I was hoping that you might have a response other than the typical right wing craziness. IMO gun advocates only hurt their cause when they reject perfectly reasonable regulations. I mean, let's be real. You have to register a car, a boat, a trailer, and in most states, even your frickin dog or cat. But not a deadly weapon? How does that make sense?

  6. #206
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-13-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    93

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I was hoping that you might have a response other than the typical right wing craziness. IMO gun advocates only hurt their cause when they reject perfectly reasonable regulations. I mean, let's be real. You have to register a car, a boat, a trailer, and in most states, even your frickin dog or cat. But not a deadly weapon? How does that make sense?
    Okay, let's be "real". You asked a question and I answered it sincerely and straightforwardly. You've responded with the intellectual equivalent of "NUH-UH!" and "THAT'S CRAZY!"

    If you're incapable of substantively and politely addressing my argument, then don't bother responding to me.

    Brian

  7. #207
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So you cited the 1% figure in support of your argument, and now you want to attack me because I assumed that what you posted was true? You can't make this **** up.
    So he provides figures that clearly demonstrate LESS than 1% of the illegal guns come from gun shows (and the fact is MOST gun sales at gun shows ARE done by legal vendors requiring background checks) and you cling to the notion that the REAL solution in all this is by golly...background checks! never mind the other 99+%...

    Tell me...are you FOR criminals being hit with mandatory minimum sentences...like...MAJOR sentences...for the commission of a crime using a firearm? Cuz...NOW we are talking a REAL solution. Right?

  8. #208
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, it is not as clear as you want to pretend it is. What is "the business" of selling guns? Obviously it's not selling one gun. What about two? What about 10? What about 10 per month? What about 12 or 20 per month? Maybe you're just a "collector" who actively trades in guns? And does it matter? The fact is that any felon can walk into a gun show and purchase a gun, and no one is going to say boo. In other words, whether you call it a "dealer" loophole or not, it's still a problem ... IF you think that felons ought not to buy guns.

    Do you think that restriction should be eliminated? If not, what would be your objection to requiring private sellers to use the same electronic check system that dealers use?
    Sorry but a felon, attempting to purchase a weapon is also a illegal, regardless of place of purchase or the person they are purchasing from.
    A person, who willfully sells a firearm to a known felon, is breaking the law.

    It doesn't matter how many guns they sell or if they're in business to sell guns.
    If anything, them buying through public markets, leaves some sort of paper trail, rather than black market sales.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #209
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Oh horse****. It is not unconstitutional to place reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, and there's certainly nothing immoral about it. At the end of the day it's just gun nut paranoia.
    What part of “…shall not be infringed” do you not understand?

    The Second Amendment clearly establishes that the people have a right to keep and bear arms. Not a privilege, a right.

    This means that it is none of government's business who chooses to exercise this right in what manner, and it is certainly not within government's legitimate authority to interfere in any way with the legitimate exercise of this right.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #210
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: NYC Mayor Conducts Gun-Sale Sting in Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Stop lying. The purpose of eliminating the gun show loophole is not to stop gun shows -- period. The purpose is to eliminate the loophole.
    you are lying when you claim there is a loophole

    and we all know of the incremental nature of the scum known as the anti gun movement

Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •