Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 485

Thread: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

  1. #431
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Then utterly destroy his pov with logic and reason.
    Doesn't work that way. Navy Pride has been destroyed dozens of times here with logic and reason. He does not care about facts. At all.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ousing-65.html

    Navy Pride considers gays to be little more than animals unable to control their base emotions.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #432
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    At the very least a mother nurtures a child. a man no matter how hard he trys can not do that.
    Oh really? And you know this, how? I'm quite nurturing with my son. I feed and take care of him every single day. My wife works the first half of the day and I work the last half. As for the feeding end of it, I take it you've never heard of formula fed babies, or mothers who bag and store their milk so that others can feed the child? Regardless, just because a lot of guys royally suck in that department doesn't mean that we all do. It's not like it's a part of male behavior to be incapable of nurturing.

  3. #433
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Doesn't work that way. Navy Pride has been destroyed dozens of times here with logic and reason. He does not care about facts. At all.http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ousing-65.htmlNavy Pride considers gays to be little more than animals unable to control their base emotions.
    Logic and reason are not the only things considered in debate. I don't know NP, but if his beliefs come from religion/morals, well, you've reached an impasse. Did NP expressly say gays are little more than animals unable to control their base emotions? Having debated in the past relying solely on logic and reason, morality did not exist. Perhaps NP may be right on some of his beliefs.

  4. #434
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    At the very least a mother nurtures a child. a man no matter how hard he trys can not do that.
    And again, I know it's futile, but can you document that wild assed claim? Debate is not making up **** you wish to be true.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #435
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The defense for Prop 8 was that designating marriage for heterosexual cuoples was for the purpose of promoting procreation and optimal parenting.
    It is also supporting the establishment of a religion, hence unconstitutional.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #436
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    At the very least a mother nurtures a child. a man no matter how hard he trys can not do that.
    Really? You do know that you just insulted a lot of very nurturing fathers out there, right?

    We have stay at home dads now. Mommy works, daddy keeps the kids. Provides the same nurturing sahm's do in other families.

    There are also plenty of single fathers out there who have to provide the nurturing that can't be provided by a mother for whatever reason.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #437
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Oh really? And you know this, how? I'm quite nurturing with my son. I feed and take care of him every single day. My wife works the first half of the day and I work the last half. As for the feeding end of it, I take it you've never heard of formula fed babies, or mothers who bag and store their milk so that others can feed the child? Regardless, just because a lot of guys royally suck in that department doesn't mean that we all do. It's not like it's a part of male behavior to be incapable of nurturing.
    I've heard that there is even a strap-on setup that can be worn by a man or woman to simulate breastfeeding.

    Can't Breast-Feed? Just Strap 'Em On, Moms - or Dads - ParentDish

    And, there have been some cases of men being able to breastfeed their children when the mothers died or were executed. (Not exactly sure how true these are, but sounds valid.) When I was pregnant, the nurses informed us that it was completely possible that male babies could come out "leaking" milk from their little nipples because of the hormones they would be exposed to during birth.

    The Nursing Father

    Men can produce milk. It is harder for them to do so, but not impossible.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 02-13-12 at 12:57 AM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #438
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I've heard that there is even a strap-on setup that can be worn by a man or woman to simulate breastfeeding.

    Can't Breast-Feed? Just Strap 'Em On, Moms - or Dads - ParentDish

    And, there have been some cases of men being able to breastfeed their children when the mothers died or were executed. (Not exactly sure how true these are, but sounds valid.) When I was pregnant, the nurses informed us that it was completely possible that male babies could come out "leaking" milk from their little nipples because of the hormones they would be exposed to during birth.

    The Nursing Father

    Men can produce milk. It is harder for them to do so, but not impossible.
    Well, I personally have never attempted that and I don't really intend to at this point. My son does just fine with a bottle. I have heard of it, though. But regardless, Navy's assertion that men are incapable of being nurturing is completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 02-13-12 at 01:05 AM.

  9. #439
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, I personally have never attempted that and I don't really intend to at this point. My son does just fine with a bottle. I have heard of it, though. But regardless, Navy's assertion that men are incapable of being nurturing is completely ridiculous.
    Absolutely agree.

    I just find it funny that he doesn't realize that men can actually breastfeed but it doesn't matter even if they couldn't. Breastfeeding is not something all mothers can do either. It is not the end-all, be-all of what is nurturing. I loved breastfeeding my children, but that doesn't mean that if I couldn't have done so for whatever reason, that I would have been less nurturing than I am now.

    As I believe you and CC pointed out, being nurturing has to do with the personality of the parent, not the sex/gender of the parent.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #440
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,781

    Re: Court: CA gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Do you understand the team nuturing my left wing friend?
    Im guessing you mean "TERM" and yes I do and sure do and the fact remains my post is 100% true and you are 100% wrong. You are wrong 3 times actually.

    1.) If their are 2 caring, loving parents it doesnt matter what they are
    2.) im not your friend
    3.) im not left wing

    LOL
    Seems you have lots of wrong OPINIONS
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •