Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

  1. #11
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This clown had his 15 minutes of fame. Its sad that he does not know it is way past expired.

    In political consulting, there are candidates who do things like milk your own campaign expense account and its normally a sign of one of two things: greed, since they know they are taking everyone for a sucker and its just another payday or they know they will lose so they get it while they can in the short run.
    /\
    This is truly a sad reply...

    The truth is....whatever personal short comings JTP might have had are truly irrelevant. JTP was/is the individual citizen who got to ask the question on the minds of millions and did so in an unguarded moment. President Obama then uttered his famous "spread the wealth around" comment. JTP represents the free-market, free-enterprise, capitalist, work-hard-and-reap-the-rewards spirit of America. Contrast that with Obama's socialist "spread the wealth" philosophy.

  2. #12
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    /\
    This is truly a sad reply...

    The truth is....whatever personal short comings JTP might have had are truly irrelevant. .
    Karma is a bitch.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Karma is a bitch.
    JTP is going to see some bad karma because he daired question The Messiah?

    The only thing he's guilty of, is not learning to play the game. He should have hired his wife a staffer, paid her the money, then she could simply give him the cash.
    Last edited by apdst; 02-05-12 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Joe the Plumber? No, it's Joe the Grifter. Let me explain, but first, a little piece of breaking news:



    Now there are a few things missing from this news article:

    1) Joe the Plumber claims to be a plumber, but does not have a license. I don't know what they call it where Joe comes from, but here in Texas, they call it illegal, and in Texas, Joe the Plumber would be called a bootlegger.

    2) Joe the Plumber claims he had to quit doing plumbing work, and makes less money from his campaign. But what is missing from this BS statement is a real huge smoking gun. Joe the Plumber is running for Congress in Ohio's 9th district, one that was gerrymandered to be so blue that Republicans typically do not even run there, because it is considered to be political suicide. Why would he even consider running? For the money, of course.

    3) And Joe the Plumber is paying himself a salary equivalent to 60 grand a year to run for office, money that comes from political donations to his little scheme.

    Case closed. After this year, when campaigns end, Joe the Plumber is going to have to find himself a new con game to run. Either that, or go back to claiming he is something that he never was. There is so much crap surrounding him, and his game, that it is going to take a REAL plumber to fix it.

    Yes, It IS about the money, and nothing else. Actually, come to think of it, Joe the Plumber is such a con man that he would fit right in if he were somehow miraculously elected to Congress. LOL.

    Article is here.


    Dan, I just have to wonder about you sometimes. For someone who says he's a conservative, it sure seems like you have far more posts smearing people from the right side of the fence than the left.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #15
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Joe the Plumber? No, it's Joe the Grifter. Let me explain, but first, a little piece of breaking news:



    Now there are a few things missing from this news article:

    1) Joe the Plumber claims to be a plumber, but does not have a license. I don't know what they call it where Joe comes from, but here in Texas, they call it illegal, and in Texas, Joe the Plumber would be called a bootlegger.

    2) Joe the Plumber claims he had to quit doing plumbing work, and makes less money from his campaign. But what is missing from this BS statement is a real huge smoking gun. Joe the Plumber is running for Congress in Ohio's 9th district, one that was gerrymandered to be so blue that Republicans typically do not even run there, because it is considered to be political suicide. Why would he even consider running? For the money, of course.

    3) And Joe the Plumber is paying himself a salary equivalent to 60 grand a year to run for office, money that comes from political donations to his little scheme.

    Case closed. After this year, when campaigns end, Joe the Plumber is going to have to find himself a new con game to run. Either that, or go back to claiming he is something that he never was. There is so much crap surrounding him, and his game, that it is going to take a REAL plumber to fix it.

    Yes, It IS about the money, and nothing else. Actually, come to think of it, Joe the Plumber is such a con man that he would fit right in if he were somehow miraculously elected to Congress. LOL.

    Article is here.
    who - what?

    He was 'news' so long ago - who cares? I'm surprised ot see you react this way to a washed up crack haver (plumber's crack - that is) You ok?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    JTP is going to see some bad karma because he daired question The Messiah?

    The only thing he's guilty of, is not learning to play the game. He should have hired his wife a staffer, paid her the money, then she could simply give him the cash.
    If stupidity was something you could be guilty of Joe would have been executed a longtime ago as his punishment.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #17
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Karma is a bitch.
    an interesting comment from someone who appears to want the successful to be taxed more and more to support those whose "karma"leads to them suckling on the public teat

  8. #18
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If stupidity was something you could be guilty of Joe would have been executed a longtime ago as his punishment.

    I suspect that would be a statute many on this board would be most cautioned not to support

  9. #19
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    It appears he is not breaking any laws. He has the wherewithal to make a go for it. Is this not what the American dream is built upon?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: 'Joe the Plumber' pays himself a salary from campaign money

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    It appears he is not breaking any laws. He has the wherewithal to make a go for it. Is this not what the American dream is built upon?
    I am surprised it is legal. I would have thought paying oneself from political donations would have been illegal.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •