Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 152

Thread: Komen Reverses Decision On Funding PP

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, and considering these are the clinics to which PP refers women, yes.
    Wait, wait. You answered yes to both questions. Can I see the source for that? Where did SGK specifically what clinics they were going to choose over PP?

    See, we're getting to the point where all you're really saying is "because I said so."
    No, you keep ignoring what I'm actually saying, refusing to address it and then minimizing it to "because I say so" which means that this will be my last post to you since you aren't hearing me.

    Frustrated? You're starting to act like a child. I have given comparatively lengthy responses to everything, detailing my reasoning. All you're really doing in return is saying "no. Yes. It just is." So, if anyone needs the lecture, it's you.
    Wait, what? I said that your specific argument about how much hyperbole pro-PP people were using was hyperbolic. I gave you no lecture. You just mad overreacted further proving that this ought to be my last post to you.

    [quote[Well, no; it says results of studies have varied.[/quote]
    Yes, it said previous studies have varied so it did its own research and it concluded, "At this time, the scientific evidence does not support the notion that abortion of any kind raises the risk of breast cancer or any other type of cancer."

    Look, I don't even care; I wasn't even asserting it for its own sake. It's about the bogusness of this being health issue. If it DID increase the risk, and SGK pulled its funding on its basis, the outcry would have been the same. I think any honest observer would agree.
    It is a health issue. If you disagree, then oh well.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, and this "low income" meme you keep pushing is your political bent. It is not required that anyone fund "low income" anything in order to be pro-health.

    Look, all you're doing is what I said -- insisting that PP is entitled to SGK's donations. You say you aren't, but you do it in every post.
    It's not a meme. It's a category of people who have a low income level and PP has good access to them. I'm sorry that you think I believe PP is 'entitled' to something, but I can't take responsibility for your distortions of my arguments.

  3. #33
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,577

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It can be okay to decline funding and it can be a legitimate choice. Whether it is or not depends entirely upon who you ask.
    Oh, and let's be clear about this:

    Declining funding is always a legitimate choice, entirely regardless of "who you ask." If it isn't, then there isn't actually any "choice" involved.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #34
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,577

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Wait, wait. You answered yes to both questions. Can I see the source for that? Where did SGK specifically what clinics they were going to choose over PP?
    Look at the statment I posted.

    No, you keep ignoring what I'm actually saying, refusing to address it and then minimizing it to "because I say so" which means that this will be my last post to you since you aren't hearing me.
    Oh, nice. Be stubborn and then blame it on me. (And it wasn't your last post anyway.)


    Wait, what? I said that your specific argument about how much hyperbole pro-PP people were using was hyperbolic. I gave you no lecture. You just mad overreacted further proving that this ought to be my last post to you.
    Yeah. I don't think you're even reading your own posts.

    Yes, it said previous studies have varied so it did its own research and it concluded, "At this time, the scientific evidence does not support the notion that abortion of any kind raises the risk of breast cancer or any other type of cancer."
    Did I not say it doesn't even matter?

    It is a health issue. If you disagree, then oh well.
    No. It's an abortion issue.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #35
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,577

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It's not a meme. It's a category of people who have a low income level and PP has good access to them. I'm sorry that you think I believe PP is 'entitled' to something, but I can't take responsibility for your distortions of my arguments.
    Considering that you think to choose anything other than to fund PP is "putting politics before health," yeah, you do think they're entitled.

    Come on, man. Own up.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Ordinary people?

    Komen's donations went up 100% when it they cut off PP, now they caved in to PP. They'll lose support now!
    Hoping more women die are you? How Conservative.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Komen reverses move to cut Planned Parenthood funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Considering that you think to choose anything other than to fund PP is "putting politics before health," yeah, you do think they're entitled.

    Come on, man. Own up.
    I can't own up to something that isn't true. You want me to "own up" to YOUR distortion of my argument. Sorry, that's not how the world works. If you want me to own up to something, the you can repeat what I actually believe.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Komen Reverses Decision On Funding PP

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, the damage to Komen has been caused by Komen itself. They are very good at getting people to buy pink spatulas and ribbons, and providing education about breast cancer, but who has been providing the actual breast exams? Planned Parenthood. Komen shot itself in the foot here.
    P.P. doesn't actually do breast exams. Other than "manual" ones which women can do on their own and if that's the standard I'm applying for a Komen grant.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Komen Reverses Decision On Funding PP

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    P.P. doesn't actually do breast exams. Other than "manual" ones which women can do on their own and if that's the standard I'm applying for a Komen grant.
    They do breast exams ("manual"), not mammograms. And women still need "manual" breast exams, not just mammograms.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Komen Reverses Decision On Funding PP

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    They do breast exams ("manual"), not mammograms. And women still need "manual" breast exams, not just mammograms.
    As I said, this can and is done by women at home. Koman would far and away be better off providing services for women that they can not perform at home.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •