Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    BBC:
    The US economy created 243,000 jobs in December, marking the seventh month in a row of gains, official figures show.

    The rise was much more than expected. Analysts had forecast an increase of about 150,000 jobs.
    The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3%, which was the lowest rate in nearly three years, down from a revised 8.5% in December.
    Employers have added an average of 201,000 jobs per month in the past three months.

    BBC News - US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January
    Good news for the country, good news for the Democrats, bad news for the Republicans. What do you think? Is the rise temporary? Does it even matter politically? What is causing it?

  2. #2
    Cammunist Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    986

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    no ####ing way, that's awesome.
    Very good news for the administration. That's going to take the sting from the GOP's bite.

  3. #3
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,066

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    BBC:

    Good news for the country, good news for the Democrats, bad news for the Republicans. What do you think? Is the rise temporary? Does it even matter politically? What is causing it?
    Very good news. I've been figuring that the economy is due for an upswing. I actually got two job offers last month and so did a few other guys in my office. Everything, at least around here, seems to be picking up nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #4
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January


  5. #5
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Excellent news. I see that the previous month was also adjusted up quite a bit. A few more months like this and the economy good get up a decent head of steam.

  6. #6
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,014

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Interesting graph showing job growth from 1945 to present. Bush and Obama have not faired so well.


    U.S. job growth (and loss) under presidents; Democrats and Republicans | cleveland.com
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Very good news. I've been figuring that the economy is due for an upswing. I actually got two job offers last month and so did a few other guys in my office. Everything, at least around here, seems to be picking up nicely.
    Yeah, the news in Chicago last night talked about 5 or 6 big companies who are planning to add a fair amount of jobs in Chicago over this next month so I'm expecting it to go up next month as well. Things are starting to look up.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Interesting graph showing job growth from 1945 to present. Bush and Obama have not faired so well.


    U.S. job growth (and loss) under presidents; Democrats and Republicans | cleveland.com
    Why would either fair well during a recession? LOL. Besides this doesn't have much to do with the topic.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    BBC:

    Good news for the country, good news for the Democrats, bad news for the Republicans. What do you think? Is the rise temporary? Does it even matter politically? What is causing it?
    I guess the apocalyptic viewpoint of the Conservatives ain't lookin' so apocalyptic anymore.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I guess the apocalyptic viewpoint of the Conservatives ain't lookin' so apocalyptic anymore.
    Oh they'll be along shortly to explain how, a) these numbers are fake, b) even if they aren't fake, it's actually bad news, and c) we're all doomed ... DOOOOMED!!

Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •