Page 95 of 199 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #941
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Hard to take anyone serious who believes that a person keeping more of their own money is an expense to the Federal Govt
    By that [il]logic, we should do away with taxes alltogether and let people keep 100% of their money.

  2. #942
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who pays for FREE healthcare in this country? Show me any govt. social program that ever cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem and went away. Healthcare is a personal responsibility best handled at the state not the Federal level
    If it's completely a personal responsibility issue, why should state government be involved in it? Why aren't you advocating that anyone who gets seriously ill, and who has no insurance, or insufficient insurance, should simply be left to die on the street?

  3. #943
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    By that [il]logic, we should do away with taxes alltogether and let people keep 100% of their money.
    It is their money.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #944
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who pays for FREE healthcare in this country? Show me any govt. social program that ever cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem and went away. Healthcare is a personal responsibility best handled at the state not the Federal level
    Now you belong over here -->


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/health...americans.html

  5. #945
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If it's completely a personal responsibility issue, why should state government be involved in it? Why aren't you advocating that anyone who gets seriously ill, and who has no insurance, or insufficient insurance, should simply be left to die on the street?

    Why bring your stereo types into it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #946
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is their money.


    j-mac
    Yes, it is. But they share the country.

  7. #947
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    By that [il]logic, we should do away with taxes alltogether and let people keep 100% of their money.
    Talk about extreme? That makes no sense, no one is talking about doing away with the funding for the govt, just reducing the spending.

  8. #948
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If it's completely a personal responsibility issue, why should state government be involved in it? Why aren't you advocating that anyone who gets seriously ill, and who has no insurance, or insufficient insurance, should simply be left to die on the street?
    Most states aren't involved but the citizens of the state are the ones that pay for the ER services of the uninsured, not the people of your state

  9. #949
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Voted no but a lot of people are always looking for something they believe is free. Nothing is free

  10. #950
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most states aren't involved but the citizens of the state are the ones that pay for the ER services of the uninsured, not the people of your state
    That wasn't my question. Why aren't you arguing for the repeal of the law that Reagan signed, mandating that emergency rooms must care for anyone who comes in the door regardless of their ability to pay?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •