Page 86 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #851
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because when I give you the answer you either ignore it or dismiss it, so educate yourself on BLS data and how it is created. As a socialist Iam sure you are used to having people give you everything but not in this case, educate yourself. bls.gov
    You do realize that you have made a fool of yourself right? When have I ever been unreasonable with you Conservative? In fact, I think I am one of the few liberals who have...

    Just FYI: You don't state a fact in a debate and then expect the opponent to come up with the facts... Have a good night good sir.
    Last edited by Jryan; 02-11-12 at 11:33 PM.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #852
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

    "Bush's Great Recession" officially ended in the second quarter of 2009. Almost 3 years ago. The economic conditions of today can best be classified as "Obama's Lame Recovery."
    Some may call it that ...

    But some (by a factor of 2 to 1) blame Bush for digging us into too deep a hole ...



    Who do you think is more responsible for the country’s current economic problems – (Barack Obama) or (George W. Bush)?

    • Bush: 54%
    • Obama: 29%
    • Both: 9%
    • Neither: 6%


    Washington Post-ABC News Poll, 1/12-15/2012, 1000 adults. MoE 3.5

  3. #853
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Some may call it that ...

    But some (by a factor of 2 to 1) blame Bush for digging us into too deep a hole ...



    Who do you think is more responsible for the country’s current economic problems – (Barack Obama) or (George W. Bush)?

    • Bush: 54%
    • Obama: 29%
    • Both: 9%
    • Neither: 6%


    Washington Post-ABC News Poll, 1/12-15/2012, 1000 adults. MoE 3.5
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/philos...-delusion.html

    Someone is under this delusion... and it isn't Sheik.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  4. #854
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, getting a little testy, Sheik, not surprising. Hard defending the empty suit in the WH and his record. I will put my 35 years of business experience and 65 years of real life experience up against yours any day. That does make me a lot more credible except to a liberal who hates having facts refute their opinions. Bull**** is defense of Obama and his record which you do all the time. The "Obama Lame Recovery" has nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with this country getting exactly what the Obama resume showed, no leadership and poor results.
    You are not refuting anything. You're making up bull****. Bull**** does not refute facts. GDP fell more during Bush's Great Recession than Reagan's. Unemployment rose higher during Bush's Great Recession than Reagan's. The two leading indicators of the economy favor my position than yours yet you think you can trump that by claiming you were there and I was not, when in fact, you can't even stake that claim because in reality, you have absolutely no idea if I was working back then -- hence, you are spouting bull****.

  5. #855
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You do realize that you have made a fool of yourself right? When have I ever been unreasonable with you Conservative? In fact, I think I am one of the few liberals who have...

    Just FYI: You don't state a fact in a debate and then expect the opponent to come up with the facts... Have a good night good sir.
    As a full time student are you eligible for unemployment? Think about it but better yet go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website

    Who is not in the labor force?

    How the Government Measures Unemployment

    Labor force measures are based on the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years old and over. Excluded are persons under 16 years of age, all persons confined to institutions such as nursing homes and prisons, and persons on active duty in the Armed Forces. As mentioned previously, the labor force is made up of the employed and the unemployed. The remainder—those who have no job and are not looking for one—are counted as "not in the labor force." Many who are not in the labor force are going to school or are retired. Family responsibilities keep others out of the labor force.

  6. #856
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You are not refuting anything. You're making up bull****. Bull**** does not refute facts. GDP fell more during Bush's Great Recession than Reagan's. Unemployment rose higher during Bush's Great Recession than Reagan's. The two leading indicators of the economy favor my position than yours yet you think you can trump that by claiming you were there and I was not, when in fact, you can't even stake that claim because in reality, you have absolutely no idea if I was working back then -- hence, you are spouting bull****.
    We aren't in recession now, was the GDP higher or lower in 2011 than 2010? The Bush recession ended in June 2009, now we are experiencing what happens when you put a poor leader in the WH, you get the "Obama Lame Recovery"

  7. #857
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/philos...-delusion.html

    Someone is under this delusion... and it isn't Sheik.
    I prefer data and facts to the opinion of others, by all measurements, this is the worst recovery of any recession in U.S.history and the economic conditions Obama inherited certainly weren't worse than the economic conditions of 1981/82 but we can argue this until hell freezes over. You weren't old enough in the 80's to understand what the conditions were like but you ought to know now that the conditions today with the exception of GDP are worse in every category than what Obama inherited in January 2009 and even the GDP in 2011 was worse than 2010 thus the "Obama Lame Recovery?

  8. #858
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As a full time student are you eligible for unemployment? Think about it but better yet go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website

    Who is not in the labor force?

    How the Government Measures Unemployment
    Well I guess I should thank you for proving that my student theory stands tall. Thank you? (Sorry if I didn't grasp your point bud)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #859
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    We aren't in recession now, was the GDP higher or lower in 2011 than 2010? The Bush recession ended in June 2009, now we are experiencing what happens when you put a poor leader in the WH, you get the "Obama Lame Recovery"
    I don't know how you missed this, so here it is again ...

    Who do you think is more responsible for the country’s current economic problems – (Barack Obama) or (George W. Bush)?

    • Bush: 54%
    • Obama: 29%
    • Both: 9%
    • Neither: 6%


    Washington Post-ABC News Poll, 1/12-15/2012, 1000 adults. MoE 3.5


    Btw, GDP was higher in 2010 because of ARRA, which helped prop up the economy.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 02-11-12 at 11:51 PM.

  10. #860
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I prefer data and facts to the opinion of others, by all measurements, this is the worst recovery of any recession in U.S.history and the economic conditions Obama inherited certainly weren't worse than the economic conditions of 1981/82 but we can argue this until hell freezes over. You weren't old enough in the 80's to understand what the conditions were like but you ought to know now that the conditions today with the exception of GDP are worse in every category than what Obama inherited in January 2009 and even the GDP in 2011 was worse than 2010 thus the "Obama Lame Recovery?
    Yes but we have a general improvement...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •