Page 61 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    But Bush isn't on the ballot ...
    Given most people blame Bush for current economic problems, his legacy is.stioeple eopWith most

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just as I thought, you cannot admit when you are wrong. The results today are worse than Bush's and I gave you the categories. Carry on, making a fool of yourself.
    Even in categories where numbers were better for Bush than Obama, the record still favors Obama because the economy Clinton left for Bush was nowhere near as bad as the economy Bush dumped on Obama.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Given most people blame Bush for current economic problems, his legacy is.stioeple eopWith most
    Try that argument with you boss three years after taking the job you have and blaming problems on the previous employee? Those that continue to blame Bush aren't smart enough to vote so I would assume you are smarter than that

  4. #604
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Even in categories where numbers were better for Bush than Obama, the record still favors Obama because the economy Clinton left for Bush was nowhere near as bad as the economy Bush dumped on Obama.
    I wonder exactly what Bush did to create such hatred on your part that you would bring him up on every post?

  5. #605
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    So let me see if I have this right, you believe you keeping more of your money is an expense to the govt?



    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It is ....

    And this is the problem with progressive liberals.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #606
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the U6 employment is at 15.5% (Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate). In addition to this, you have those that argue that the real unemployment rate is 22.5% (Real unemployment rate: 22.5%) and that the numbers have been skewed (The January Jobs Are Statistical Artifacts - PaulCraigRoberts.org).
    Actually the real unemployment rate is 54.7% (there are only 141 million people employed in a country of 311 million).

    It's time to quit hiding from the real figures and admit the truth

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try that argument with you boss three years after taking the job you have and blaming problems on the previous employee? Those that continue to blame Bush aren't smart enough to vote so I would assume you are smarter than that
    Irrelavent. Hiring an employee in a private firm is not akin to electing a POTUS.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Irrelavent. Hiring an employee in a private firm is not akin to electing a POTUS.
    Just as I thought you have no idea what leadership or management actually is yet you blame Bush for the economic conditions during his term. your double standards are quite telling.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And this is the problem with progressive liberals.


    j-mac
    That they can do math?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #610
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That they can do math?
    I am really concerned with anyone who believes keeping more of what they earn is an expense to anyone. It has nothing to do with math but everything to do with facts. I thought you were smarter than this if you indeed believe tax cuts are an expense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •