Page 42 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #411
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw, in post #393 View Post
    [...] Which is a damn sight different than you present it. [...]
    No, it is exactly the same -- the CBO projection you state was based upon the Bush tax cuts expiring by the end of 2010, contrary to your claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw, in post #362 View Post
    Yes, and prior to the recession, the deficit was on track and projected to disappear, and surpluses reappear, all with the "warz" and the tax cuts intact. [...]
    Edited to add:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw, in post #393 View Post
    [,,,] The deficit was disappearing (as shown in the previous post) and projected to be eliminated by FY2011, which would be reached BEFORE the calendar expiration of the tax cuts (even if you had presented that portion honestly). [...]
    Ah, I see that you moved the goal post, no longer claiming surpluses. .... while accusing others of dishonesty. Figures.
    Last edited by Karl; 02-05-12 at 01:11 PM.

  2. #412
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Well, I'd blame the Republican majority congress too if there was one.
    Um, the House is Republican majority now. So you can't say it's a Dem majority. It's split.

    Over the last 20 years, it's been one or the other several times. Spending has grown steadily.

    The blame game is silly.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  3. #413
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    No, it is exactly the same -- the CBO projection you state was based upon the Bush tax cuts expiring by the end of 2010, contrary to your claim:
    Sure. I post the paragraph in full which showed what the paragraph actually said, and you choose to repeat your lie.

    Nice.


    Ah, I see that you moved the goal post, no longer claiming surpluses. .... while accusing others of dishonesty. Figures.
    No, I was reframing the point to defeat you on your own (faulty) terms.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #414
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Um, the House is Republican majority now. So you can't say it's a Dem majority.
    The house isn't Congresss. Congress is congress. I blame the Republican house for condoning the things they've condoned. Though, at the same time, I don't see how they could fix the problem in the present scenario. The most they can do is stop more damage from being done.

    It's split.
    Well, Congress isn't. We weren't talking about the house before, but yes, if you include the house, and exclusively the house, not considering also the veto power of the president, it's split.

    Over the last 20 years, it's been one or the other several times. Spending has grown steadily.
    No matter how many times you say spending has grown steadily, it will become true because you said it. I never said Republicans don't increase spending.

    The blame game is silly.
    Well, that can be your opinion, but I think it's pretty important to find the sources of problems.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    False.

    The Constitution gives Congress most of the control over spending decisions.

    Clearly you cannot blame the President just because he didn't veto a bill that Congress passed. Congress clearly holds some responsibility for that.

    Second, a large part of the spending is entitlements, and they aren't appropriated each year. Obama can do nothing about those until Congress sends him a bill to limit them. This shows how the growth in spending has been in entitlements - 5 times faster than appropriated spending:

    I haven't seen you defend Bush over all the attacks here in this forum. The President is responsible for the results generated, always has and always will be except when it comes to Obama who isn't responsible for anything but is a good singer.

  6. #416
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Um, the House is Republican majority now. So you can't say it's a Dem majority. It's split.

    Over the last 20 years, it's been one or the other several times. Spending has grown steadily.

    The blame game is silly.
    It is split and the deficit for fiscal year 2011 is down from 2010 and that s because of the Republican submitting lower continuing resolutions since there is no budget thanks to the Democrats refusal to pass one when they were in charge.

  7. #417
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    The house isn't Congresss. Congress is congress.
    The House is half of Congress. So there's no Dem majority, or Republican majority, in Congress right now. And most of the last 20 years has been split like that.

    Well, Congress isn't. We weren't talking about the house before,
    Yes, we were talking about both the House and Senate, which as you note, is Congress.
    but yes, if you include the house, and exclusively the house, not considering also the veto power of the president, it's split.
    No, the House has a Republican majority. The Senate has a dem majority. So Congress is split.

    No matter how many times you say spending has grown steadily, it will become true because you said it.
    No, it's true because it's true. Anyone can look it up.

    I never said Republicans don't increase spending.
    You clearly blamed a "democratic majority" for it.

    Well, that can be your opinion, but I think it's pretty important to find the sources of problems.
    It's silly when your blame isn't fair, or when it doesn't help solve the problem.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  8. #418
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is split
    True.

    and the deficit for fiscal year 2011 is down from 2010
    False.

    and that s because of the Republican submitting lower continuing resolutions
    You just admitted it was split. You can't go giving Republicans the credit now.

    since there is no budget thanks to the Democrats refusal to pass one when they were in charge.
    Utter bull****.

    The "budget" is irrelevant. A budget is completely unnecessary to pass appropriations. It has nothing to do with the need for a continuing resolution. And the final appropriation wasn't a continuing resolution - which simply extends the prior year's spending - it was an appropriation, one that simply encompassed several normal appropriations bills into one.

    And Congress passes a budget resolution in the CURRENT year, so what Dems did in a prior year is irrelevant. More of you just twisting facts any way you can to try to blame Dems for everything. It's getting completely ridiculous, Conservative. It's obvious to everyone that you can't be trusted with your facts.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #419
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The House is half of Congress. So there's no Dem majority, or Republican majority, in Congress right now. And most of the last 20 years has been split like that.



    Yes, we were talking about both the House and Senate, which as you note, is Congress.


    No, the House has a Republican majority. The Senate has a dem majority. So Congress is split.

    You're right. My mistake.

    No, it's true because it's true. Anyone can look it up.
    Every source I look up shows a fluctuation of increases and decreases.


    You clearly blamed a "democratic majority" for it.
    I did because there has been democratic majority, so people can shut the **** up about the democrats "balancing the budge in the 90s."

    It's silly when your blame isn't fair, or when it doesn't help solve the problem.
    Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'd suggest writing your local representatives and ask them to actually do something about the problem, then they won't have to take what you feel is unfair blame, since there won't be a problem to address. But, since the democrats in power now only addressed the problem when they didn't have the authority to do something about it, I feel fully justified in calling them out on it. Again, sorry if you feel that doesn't help solve the problem. Maybe if we just shut up about it and let them do whatever they want the problem would be solved.

  10. #420
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I haven't seen you defend Bush over all the attacks here in this forum.
    You haven't seen me defend puppies from being stomped either - does that mean I approve of stomping puppies?

    The President is responsible for the results generated,
    False. The Constitution says otherwise. It gives Congress power too. You should read it.
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •