Page 39 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #381
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, replying to another View Post
    Good Lord, do you understand that budget doesn't mean spending? Budgets are a guideline not actual dollars spent. Every dollar for the wars is included in the yearly deficits. You are right, they weren't part of the budget but they WERE PART OF THE DEFICIT.
    Good Lord, do you not understand that items are 'hidden' off budget in order to make the budget look better to simpletons?

    And that Obama promised to halt (or at least lessen, it seems) that practice?

    And therefore that simply comparing Bush and Obama budgets is akin to comparing apples and oranges?

    So that the smart kids look at the annual increase in the total public debt as a true measure of what went on in Washington DC for any particular fiscal year?

    While the short bus kids go 'well, golly gee, this here budget sure is better than that there budget, yuk yuk yuk'.

  2. #382
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Good Lord, do you not understand that items are 'hidden' off budget in order to make the budget look better to simpletons?

    And that Obama promised to halt (or at least lessen, it seems) that practice?

    And therefore that simply comparing Bush and Obama budgets is akin to comparing apples and oranges?

    So that the smart kids look at the annual increase in the total public debt as a true measure of what went on in Washington DC for any particular fiscal year?

    While the short bus kids go 'well, golly gee, this here budget sure is better than that there budget, yuk yuk yuk'.
    Glad to hear the smart kids don't buy into that whole 'myth' of the Clinton surplus. White House data breaks the data into two tables, on-budget and off-budget. Off-budget runs a surplus every year.

    Would love to have some of what you're smoking.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  3. #383
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Good Lord, do you not understand that items are 'hidden' off budget in order to make the budget look better to simpletons?

    And that Obama promised to halt (or at least lessen, it seems) that practice?

    And therefore that simply comparing Bush and Obama budgets is akin to comparing apples and oranges?

    So that the smart kids look at the annual increase in the total public debt as a true measure of what went on in Washington DC for any particular fiscal year?

    While the short bus kids go 'well, golly gee, this here budget sure is better than that there budget, yuk yuk yuk'.
    Absolutely they are indeed hidden on the budget but NOT on the deficits. The deficits are what they are total spending minus total revenue.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Glad to hear the smart kids don't buy into that whole 'myth' of the Clinton surplus. [...]
    Quite true... Clinton got close, but no cigar (if you'll pardon the pun ).

  5. #385
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Absolutely they are indeed hidden on the budget but NOT on the deficits. The deficits are what they are total spending minus total revenue.
    Glad you finally came around. Well done

  6. #386
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Glad to hear the smart kids don't buy into that whole 'myth' of the Clinton surplus. White House data breaks the data into two tables, on-budget and off-budget. Off-budget runs a surplus every year.

    Would love to have some of what you're smoking.
    Since you brought up Clinton please give examples of what what you mean.

  7. #387
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quite true... Clinton got close, but no cigar (if you'll pardon the pun ).

    I, at least, appreciate your consistency.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  8. #388
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    Here is an even more recent one for you Karl since you have such trouble with that 'Google' thing all the kids are talking about these days. Page 22

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ssets/hist.pdf
    Oh, I knew where the figure came from. I've got it on file myself... I just wanted the poster to show some respect for others by sourcing his data

  9. #389
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Since you brought up Clinton please give examples of what what you mean.
    Karl was looking at treasury receipts of total debt outstanding to determine yoy deficits. I told him that if he prefers that method he would have to acknowledge that there was no surplus (decrease in total debt outstanding) in 1999/2000.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  10. #390
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I just wanted the poster to show some respect for others by sourcing his data
    It has nothing to do with respect, but I'll keep it in mind for you. I figured deficit/spending totals were undisputed and easy to find.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •