Page 20 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #191
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    He's not talking about the stock market. He's talking about raw job numbers.

    We are at currently 450k total employeed persons less than we were 36 months ago. So, to return to that employment rate and participate rate we had then, we need 250k jobs a month, for about 5 years( due to increased workforce population of about 3 million, and another 100-150k a month ).
    492K, to be precise. However, the current (January) number is
    3,135K total employed persons more than we were 24 months ago, and
    2,345K total employed persons more than we were 12 months ago.

  2. #192
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's sarcasm. Right?
    More good news!

    Nasdaq at 11-year high as jobless rate falls to 8.3%- MSN Money

    Way to go Obama! Now get out there and get some more terrorists! Wooohooo!!!

    I know this has GOT to be killin' you.

    I mean, if fair is fair. Hell, you guys blame him for everything from the economy to gout. So, if he gets the heat, he gets the kudos. I mean, we wouldn't want anyone to think of us a hypocrites now, would we?

    I know I'm pouring salt in your wound. I do so apologize in advance for that. I'm just having a little fun rubbing it in I suppose. Please forgive my folly. At my age, you take your pleasure when and where you can.

    I truly mean to be lighthearted and humorous. Perhaps I should not quit my day job.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #193
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    More good news!

    Nasdaq at 11-year high as jobless rate falls to 8.3%- MSN Money

    Way to go Obama! Now get out there and get some more terrorists! Wooohooo!!!

    I know this has GOT to be killin' you.

    I mean, if fair is fair. Hell, you guys blame him for everything from the economy to gout. So, if he gets the heat, he gets the kudos. I mean, we wouldn't want anyone to think of us a hypocrites now, would we?

    I know I'm pouring salt in your wound. I do so apologize in advance for that. I'm just having a little fun rubbing it in I suppose. Please forgive my folly. At my age, you take your pleasure when and where you can.

    I truly mean to be lighthearted and humorous. Perhaps I should not quit my day job.
    It's not bothering me, my man. I know that this isn't happening because of Obama's policies. It's happening in spite of Obama's policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #194
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not bothering me, my man. I know that this isn't happening because of Obama's policies. It's happening in spite of Obama's policies.
    Right on pardner.

    I hear ya.

    Don't mess with Texas.

    Keep Austin Weird.

    Yee-hawww!

    Lone Star Beer.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #195
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Right on pardner.

    I hear ya.

    Don't mess with Texas.

    Keep Austin Weird.

    Yee-hawww!

    Lone Star Beer.
    I don't live in Austin. I live in San Antonio. And, I don't really like Lone Star Beer. I'm a Bud Light man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #196
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    You seem to be feeling pretty good tonight!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #197
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't live in Austin. I live in San Antonio. And, I don't really like Lone Star Beer. I'm a Bud Light man.
    That is just sad.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #198
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't live in Austin. I live in San Antonio. And, I don't really like Lone Star Beer. I'm a Bud Light man.
    Did you recently move from Louisiana?

  9. #199
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Lone Star beer does kinda suck. But I just figured you would like it.

    My bad.

    I'm a Fat Tire kinda guy these days. Give it a try!

    67252.jpg

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #200
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    That is just sad.
    Yeah, it is sad that I had to move all the way to San Antonio, because Obama killed my ability to make a living in Louisiana.

    But hey! I'm not one of those folks that's going to sit back and bitch. I'm going get up off my ass and make something happen.
    Last edited by apdst; 02-03-12 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •