Page 194 of 199 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1931
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Isn't that the policy which Bush took credit for along with Rupublicans? Why yes, yes it is...

    Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high!" - George Bush, 2004 RNC convention.

    So yes, Clinton did sign it, for which he does receive his share of the blame; but make no mistake, this was Conservative policy.
    A Senate vote of 90-8-2 makes it bipartisan

  2. #1932
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Did you reply to the wrong post? Because your reply has no relation to what I wrote.
    His replies rarely align with the posts he's responding to. That's the inherent danger in robospamming.

  3. #1933
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Isn't that the policy which Bush took credit for along with Rupublicans? Why yes, yes it is...

    Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high!" - George Bush, 2004 RNC convention.

    So yes, Clinton did sign it, for which he does receive his share of the blame; but make no mistake, this was Conservative policy.
    I really don't care who signed or took credit for it. It is the birthplace of our financial woes today. It was bipartisan. I blame Clinton only because he was about to do the right thing, but stupid politics ruined it and he decided to vote for it. The senate and the house are both to blame. Clinton too.

    In the quote you posted, which policies was George Bush reffering too? Or was it a blanket statement about all policies? It was a blanket statement.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #1934
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A Senate vote of 90-8-2 makes it bipartisan
    Tell that to Bush, he's the one who credited Republicans.

    "Thanks to our policies, homw ownership in America is at an all time high!" - George Bush, 2004 RNC convention

  5. #1935
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    That mistake is why the economy is the way it is now. Yes? No?
    I think it was a major contributor to the financial crisis insofar as it prevented the regulaton of credit default swaps ... though we can only speculate as to whether they would have been effectively regulated without the law.

  6. #1936
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice diversion, economy is improving and what legislation has Obama signed that led to this improving economy. Did he raise taxes? Did he remove subsidies on those evil businesses? What exactly did he do to lead to job growth and what you claim is an improving economy?
    What has Obama done to aid the recovery? You need to be reminded again? Stimulus, auto bailouts, cash for clunkers, payroll tax cuts, extended unemployment benefits, etc.

  7. #1937
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What has Obama done to aid the recovery? You need to be reminded again? Stimulus, auto bailouts, cash for clunkers, payroll tax cuts, extended unemployment benefits, etc.
    Stimulus - Fail
    Auto Bailout - Loss of funds
    Cash for Clunkers - Auto Bailout
    Payroll Tax Cuts - We need fuel tax cuts
    Extended Unemployment - because 99 weeks wasn't enough
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #1938
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I really don't care who signed or took credit for it. It is the birthplace of our financial woes today. It was bipartisan. I blame Clinton only because he was about to do the right thing, but stupid politics ruined it and he decided to vote for it. The senate and the house are both to blame. Clinton too.

    In the quote you posted, which policies was George Bush reffering too? Or was it a blanket statement about all policies? It was a blanket statement.
    It certainly was where the problem began, but there were other contributing factors; most notably, and unforeseen when the bill became law, was the federal fund rate dropping to 1%, thereby alloqing many to qualiify for loans they wouldn't have been eligable for at higher rates. That opened the flood gates of greed to write creative loans to people who couldn't afford them. At that time, the only saving barrier of the economy was oversight of the GSE's ... which didn't come until 2008. After the horses escaped from the barn.

    And that was the policy Bush was taking credit for.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 03-01-12 at 11:48 AM.

  9. #1939
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    More bad news for the Obama haters.

    Bottom Line - Jobless claims slip to four-year lows



    "Americans filed fewer claims for unemployment benefits, pushing the level to the lowest in four years, government data showed Thursday.

    The Labor Department reported that seasonally adjusted initial claims fell 2,000 to 351,000 in the week ended Feb. 25. The four-week moving average, considered a more accurate gauge of labor market conditions, dropped 5,500 to 354,000, the lowest since March 2008.

    Claims have been hovering near four-year lows over the last few weeks. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims unchanged at 351,000 last week.

    New applications for jobless benefits have declined through much of February, raising hopes for a third straight month of solid employment gains. [...]"

  10. #1940
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Stimulus - Fail
    Auto Bailout - Loss of funds
    Cash for Clunkers - Auto Bailout
    Payroll Tax Cuts - We need fuel tax cuts
    Extended Unemployment - because 99 weeks wasn't enough
    The results speak for themselves. We avoided a catastrophic depression. The economy wasn't rocked by the collapse of 2/3 of its homegrown auto industry. GM and Chrysler and both profitable. Employment is growing. Manufacturing is growing. Consumer confidence is growing. The markets have recovered to 2008 levels. Yep ... a real disaster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •