Page 150 of 199 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1491
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Europe is not a monolithic entitty. The two largest economies in Europe -- Germany and France -- are doing just fine. England and Ireland, OTOH, are suffering as a result of having gone too far to fast into austerity.
    Define doing fine? You buy what you are told and ignore reality

    Is the German Economy in Trouble? >> globalEDGE: Your source for Global Business Knowledge

  2. #1492
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Europe is not a monolithic entitty. The two largest economies in Europe -- Germany and France -- are doing just fine. England and Ireland, OTOH, are suffering as a result of having gone too far to fast into austerity.

    Pardon me if I am wrong, but didn't Europe all hitch their choo-choo's together sometime ago? What you are saying here is like saying that the US isn't a monolithic entity because ND is doing better than CA.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1493
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Define doing fine? You buy what you are told and ignore reality

    Is the German Economy in Trouble? >> globalEDGE: Your source for Global Business Knowledge
    Yes, they are doing fine, except insofar as they are obviously being dragged down by the weaker Eurozone states.

  4. #1494
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Pardon me if I am wrong, but didn't Europe all hitch their choo-choo's together sometime ago? What you are saying here is like saying that the US isn't a monolithic entity because ND is doing better than CA.....


    j-mac
    You are partly right and partly wrong. The EU is not the same thing as the USA. The member states are still largely independent.

  5. #1495
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Pardon me if I am wrong, but didn't Europe all hitch their choo-choo's together sometime ago? What you are saying here is like saying that the US isn't a monolithic entity because ND is doing better than CA.....


    j-mac
    Which is entirely true, btw. The recession is not affecting all states equally.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #1496
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Pardon me if I am wrong, but didn't Europe all hitch their choo-choo's together sometime ago? What you are saying here is like saying that the US isn't a monolithic entity because ND is doing better than CA.....
    The EU is a monetary union. Part of their issue stems from the fact that nations with shortfalls in aggregate demand cannot implement monetary policy that is necessary to induce investment.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #1497
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Yes, they are doing fine, except insofar as they are obviously being dragged down by the weaker Eurozone states.
    ok, then you won't have any problem defining "doing fine?" Germany and France are having trouble keeping up with their entitlement programs and trying to undo them. Guess that is doing fine in your world?

  8. #1498
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The EU is a monetary union. Part of their issue stems from the fact that nations with shortfalls in aggregate demand cannot implement monetary policy that is necessary to induce investment.
    There are many states in this country having no problem inducing investments with N. Dakota and TX being two

  9. #1499
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are many states in this country having no problem inducing investments with N. Dakota and TX being two
    My point flew right over your head.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #1500
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    The story that Obama supporters want to ignore and divert from. What is it about liberalism that causes people to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results?

    The Real Employment Data Are Bleak And Don't Look Good For An Obama Re-Election - Investors.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •