Page 144 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1431
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No matter how many times you repeat this nonsense, it will never be true. The vast majority of Congress did not have the same level of access as Bush. While they can ask all the questions they want, classified intel from the NIE could not be disseminated to them from the select members of the intelligence committees. Deal with it.
    The vast majority of Congress had access to their committee members for that intelligence no matter how many times you say it. It was the Democrat controlled Senate that allowed the vote on the Iraq War resolution. where were the members from the Democratic Party that were on the intelligence committee in 2002?

    2001-2002

    Democrats

    Bob Graham, Florida
    Vice Chairman

    Carl Levin,
    Michigan

    John D. Rockefeller IV, West Virginia

    Dianne Feinstein,
    California

    Ron Wyden,
    Oregon

    Richard Durbin,
    Illinois

    Evan Bayh,
    Indiana

    John Edwards,
    North Carolina

    Barbara A. Mikulski, Maryland

    Thomas A. Daschle, South Dakota Ex Officio

  2. #1432
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    I actually agree, because the false job numbers are meant for a Romney nomination.
    You must watch Fox or listen to one of the Right Wing talkers on the radio. Am I correct?


  3. #1433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yes, I get the news here in Oregon, but I don't watch Fox News. What are you getting at with the Church mandates?
    You don' think the original mandate for churches to require paid contraception isn't an infringement of religious freedoms?

  4. #1434
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Great article. We see quite a bit of that strategery being played out here on these fora.

  5. #1435
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Great article. We see quite a bit of that strategery being played out here on these fora.
    There are many interesting links in that article.


  6. #1436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And yet there is a net private sector job loss since Obama took office. Looks to me like Democrats were more interested in regaining the WH in 2008 than doing their job for that is when all the job losses during the Bush adminstration occurred.



    Amazing how brainwashed liberals really are
    Oh? And what bill(s) did the Democrat-led Congress pass which caused the recession?

  7. #1437
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don' think the original mandate for churches to require paid contraception isn't an infringement of religious freedoms?
    No, Remember the First Amendment - the separation between church and state - it's a two-way street, Con.


  8. #1438
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Total and complete bull**** especially when you have "George "slam dunk" Tenet from the Clinton Administration? Was Bush in charge of the 1998-2000 intelligence as well? You people really do have a sickness, get over it
    Total and complete FACT. Bush created a political/intelligence unit headed by Douglas Feith -- who General Tommy Franks called "the dumbest ****ing guy on the planet" -- for the purpose of, as the British said, "fixing the facts around the policy." Accordingly, any bit of chatter that could conceivably support the case for war was forwarded to politicos, who did not understand that the intelligence had been shuttled past ordinary vetting procedures and was therefore unreliable.

  9. #1439
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Total and complete FACT. Bush created a political/intelligence unit headed by Douglas Feith -- who General Tommy Franks called "the dumbest ****ing guy on the planet" -- for the purpose of, as the British said, "fixing the facts around the policy." Accordingly, any bit of chatter that could conceivably support the case for war was forwarded to politicos, who did not understand that the intelligence had been shuttled past ordinary vetting procedures and was therefore unreliable.
    Yes, it was called the Office of Special Plans.


  10. #1440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The vast majority of Congress had access to their committee members for that intelligence no matter how many times you say it. It was the Democrat controlled Senate that allowed the vote on the Iraq War resolution. where were the members from the Democratic Party that were on the intelligence committee in 2002?

    2001-2002

    Democrats

    Bob Graham, Florida
    Vice Chairman

    Carl Levin,
    Michigan

    John D. Rockefeller IV, West Virginia

    Dianne Feinstein,
    California

    Ron Wyden,
    Oregon

    Richard Durbin,
    Illinois

    Evan Bayh,
    Indiana

    John Edwards,
    North Carolina

    Barbara A. Mikulski, Maryland

    Thomas A. Daschle, South Dakota Ex Officio
    Repeating nonsense does not lend it credibility. No matter how many times you say it, the vast majority did not have the clearance required to gain access ti the classified intel in the 96 page NIE, not even through the select members of the intelligence committees. Deal with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •