Page 122 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1211
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I see no real proof that the US economy is adding DECENT jobs. Since I didn't make the original claim that hasn't really been proven, I see no reason to go any further. Believe what ever you wanna believe. And don't worry: the normalcy bias is alive and well amongst Americans. They'll believe whatever drivel the government tells them to believe.
    Welcome to the club of people who actually think!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  2. #1212
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And despite that, Obama's lead over his rivals is growing.
    So you really can fool half of the people all of the time...

  3. #1213
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Welcome to the club of people who actually think!
    If you consider yourself a member of that club, I wouldn't want to join and would feel insulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #1214
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you really can fool half of the people all of the time...
    The 2004 election being a prime example..

  5. #1215
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberal, no concept of expense and apparently 1.8% GDP Growth after 3.6% is an improving economy
    Sure is,"an improving economy" when you come into a economy shrinking at the rate of –6.5% on inaugural day and its now at + 2.8%. a net gain of almost 10%, in three years of fighting the great bush recession.

    Hackdom must suck badly, when all you have is talking points, then you have to distort facts where till the facts become unrecognizable and hope someone’s dim enough to believe the facts that you distorted.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #1216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
    Sure is,"an improving economy" when you come into a economy shrinking at the rate of –6.5% on inaugural day and its now at + 2.8%. a net gain of almost 10%, in three years of fighting the great bush recession.

    Hackdom must suck badly, when all you have is talking points, then you have to distort facts where till the facts become unrecognizable and hope someone’s dim enough to believe the facts that you distorted.
    Right, an economy that was approximately 3.6% in 2010 and 1.8% in 2011 is improving. Distorted facts? I have yet to see you refute them. you contention that the Bush economy was limited to 2008 is quite telling. Read the article from Hannan that I posted and tell me this is what you support. Your idea of success is not very credible.

  7. #1217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, an economy that was approximately 3.6% in 2010 and 1.8% in 2011 is improving. Distorted facts? I have yet to see you refute them. you contention that the Bush economy was limited to 2008 is quite telling. Read the article from Hannan that I posted and tell me this is what you support. Your idea of success is not very credible.
    Was Q4-2011 better than Q3-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be a sign of an improving economy. Was Q3-2011 better than Q2-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be another sign of an improving economy. Was Q2-2011 better than Q1-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be yet another sign of an improving economy.

    The economy is improving despite your hopes and prayers that it collapses.

    By the way, have you learned yet that the CPS IS the employment and unemployment data??


    "CPS isn't the keeper of employment and unemployment data" ~ Conservative

    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 02-14-12 at 10:50 AM.

  8. #1218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Was Q4-2011 better than Q3-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be a sign of an improving economy. Was Q3-2011 better than Q2-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be another sign of an improving economy. Was Q2-2011 better than Q1-2011? Why yes, it was. That would be yet another sign of an improving economy.

    The economy is improving despite your hopes and prayers that it collapses.

    By the way, have you learned yet that CPS IS employment and unemployment data??


    "CPS isn't the keeper of employment and unemployment data" ~ Conservative

    So then I take it you support the Obama agenda of creating a dependent society where debt doesn't matter and dependence is the major economic policy designed to keep liberals in power? Hannan's comments mean nothing to you or the other Obama supporters. You are so right, the Obama economic policy that has created massive debt, small labor force growth, a million discouraged workers, meager economic growth, greater dependence, Religious mandates, mandatory individual purchases all in hopes of creating a European style economic model is the model that you support. It really is liberal arrogance that is destroying this country.

  9. #1219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So then I take it you support the Obama agenda of creating a dependent society where debt doesn't matter and dependence is the major economic policy designed to keep liberals in power? Hannan's comments mean nothing to you or the other Obama supporters. You are so right, the Obama economic policy that has created massive debt, small labor force growth, a million discouraged workers, meager economic growth, greater dependence, Religious mandates, mandatory individual purchases all in hopes of creating a European style economic model is the model that you support. It really is liberal arrogance that is destroying this country.
    Gee, Con, I guess that strawman rant makes you a European Socialist given you supprted that European Socialist, George Bush, by voting for him 4 times and he racked up more debt than Obama.


  10. #1220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Gee, Con, I guess that strawman rant makes you a European Socialist given you supprted that European Socialist, George Bush, by voting for him 4 times and he racked up more debt than Obama.

    Keep diverting, Sheik, for that is all you can do, socialists don't cut personal income taxes, socialists don't promote the private sector, socialists don't grow the economy 4.5 trillion dollars in 8 years. You obviously need socialism but unfortunately for you this country doesn't as we cannot afford it. How many more dependent people do you want?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •