Page 118 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1989

Thread: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

  1. #1171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Very simple, were discouraged workers counted as unemployed or not counted at all during the Reagan years?
    asked and answered ... Asked again and given same answer ... Asked again and given same answer ...

    That was already addressed in post #1135. How many more times are you going to ask the same question, Con?

    Are you not aware of the definition of one who continually repeats the same behavior, but expects different results?



  2. #1172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    Oh yeah! Biiiiiiig problems, so big, ultra big, extra big! I'm just your usual racist, sexist, bigotry filled, and homophobic conservative, and Papist nut-job.
    Ok, if you say so. After all, who knows you better than you?

  3. #1173
    Professor
    Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Ok, if you say so. After all, who knows you better than you?
    God does.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT on Nov 8th, 2012 View Post
    Over the next four years the economy will continue to rebound and we will gradually get deficits under control. The real esate market will rebound, unemployment will fall to 6.5% or below, and GDP growth will stand at 3.5 - 4%. We won't be in any wars. And conservatives will still be whining.

  4. #1174
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your data shows that the GDP growth in 2011 was half of 2010 which makes this the worst recovery from a recession in U.S. History. Guess Bush snuck back into the WH and made economic policy last year, right? In addition 1,059,000 discouraged workers in January 2012 vs 993,000 in January 2011 doesn't indicate that things are getting better no matter the propaganda "Your" President is spewing
    What made you go looking for anther place to stick your goalpost,yet again ,was the graph that showed the last eight quarters of the bush administration (5 negative vis 1 positive qtr) compared to Obamas(7 positive vis 1 negative qtr).Gotta suck defending that kinda record.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #1175
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    aw yes, con getting his ass handed to him by multiple posters, decides to go , oh, what was that word...'caustic'?? why yes, i do believe that is the word, 'caustic'....perhaps you and your buddy 'amigo'(lol) should stage a hasty retreat from this thread, it really is hard watching you embarrass your yourself, over and over.
    Apparently a growing economy in the union world is one that is half the previous year. Stick with the unions.

  6. #1176
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
    What made you go looking for anther place to stick your goalpost,yet again ,was the graph that showed the last eight quarters of the bush administration (5 negative vis 1 positive qtr) compared to Obamas(7 positive vis 1 negative qtr).Gotta suck defending that kinda record.
    Bush didn't add 4.6 trillion to the debt in 3 years to generate GDP Growth last year half of what it was the year before.Results don't seem to matter to a liberal especially when those results are negative against a liberal President.

  7. #1177
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    asked and answered ... Asked again and given same answer ... Asked again and given same answer ...

    That was already addressed in post #1135. How many more times are you going to ask the same question, Con?

    Are you not aware of the definition of one who continually repeats the same behavior, but expects different results?


    No, sorry, Sheik, you apparently didn't even read the article so let me help you with the facts, discouraged workers were included in the unemployment numbers (U-3) prior to 1994 and aren't counted today. Pretty simple concept that apparently you cannot understand.

  8. #1178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, sorry, Sheik, you apparently didn't even read the article so let me help you with the facts, discouraged workers were included in the unemployment numbers (U-3) prior to 1994 and aren't counted today. Pretty simple concept that apparently you cannot understand.
    '......so let me help you with the facts'...... now that is funny, i dont care who you are

  9. #1179
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, sorry, Sheik, you apparently didn't even read the article so let me help you with the facts, discouraged workers were included in the unemployment numbers (U-3) prior to 1994 and aren't counted today. Pretty simple concept that apparently you cannot understand.
    Let's keep it as simple as possible for you: the unemployment number would be higher today if BLS was using the pre-'94 methodology. Or in other words, Reagan's numbers look better visa vis Obama's numbers because of the mehodology change. Clear enough?

  10. #1180
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US economy creates 243,000 jobs in January

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Let's keep it as simple as possible for you: the unemployment number would be higher today if BLS was using the pre-'94 methodology. Or in other words, Reagan's numbers look better visa vis Obama's numbers because of the mehodology change. Clear enough?
    You have no way of knowing that yet you keep adhering to your opinion which really is irrelevant today. I disagree with you because so much is dependent on the population model being used.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •