Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

  1. #11
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How is this evil? Seriously, it's just a freaking credit card reader

    Don't be so afraid of new tech.
    It's just another example of Obama's campaign being smarter than his opponents' campaigns ... which is pretty scary to some people.

  2. #12
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I can only share what the story said. How I come to that conclusion are questions I have about this practice. Can you provide how in the hell you would even know if the people giving the donations via this method are legal citizens?

    j-mac
    It'd be alot easier to track credit card donations for citizenship than it would cash... do you really not understand this? Every campaign already has a website that accepts credit card donations. This is the exact same thing, the only difference is that you swipe your card instead type in the numbers online.

    You're complaining about something that you don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #13
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The story isn't about me. Keep in on topic would you please.


    j-mac
    The question I asked and that you were too scared to answer was completely on topic. Please answer the question...

    Do you have any evidence that these swipers give that person all your information instead of sending it straight to who ever actually handles the donations for the Obama campaign?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #14
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How is this evil? Seriously, it's just a freaking credit card reader

    Don't be so afraid of new tech.
    Where'd I say "evil"? Maybe you should practice not misrepresenting.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    The question I asked and that you were too scared to answer was completely on topic. Please answer the question...

    Why don't you just knock it off? You started with an attack against me, and after that, I tend to move on because you are not the only lib replying. So try discussion rather than attempting to be more crafty than you are, and all will be fine.

    Do you have any evidence that these swipers give that person all your information instead of sending it straight to who ever actually handles the donations for the Obama campaign?
    So let me get the premise of your question straight, K? So, if I, personally, don't know all there is to know about this cc swiper, and, or who handles donations to the Obama campaign, then I am to keep quiet and not ask questions...Is that where you are coming from?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's just another example of Obama's campaign being smarter than his opponents' campaigns ... which is pretty scary to some people.
    So you have NO problem giving your cc info to anyone? Can I have it then?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you have NO problem giving your cc info to anyone? Can I have it then?

    j-mac
    Why do you keep beating that strawman?

  8. #18
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,243

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    So shouting that the sky is falling in ignorance of the true picture is acceptable for conservatives?
    Last edited by Manc Skipper; 01-31-12 at 04:45 PM.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  9. #19
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It'd be alot easier to track credit card donations for citizenship than it would cash... do you really not understand this? Every campaign already has a website that accepts credit card donations. This is the exact same thing, the only difference is that you swipe your card instead type in the numbers online.

    You're complaining about something that you don't understand.
    Good God, you are especially smug today. We still haven't seen the full donations list from '08...I am betting there will be problems here too.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama campaign rolls out Square mobile fundraising platform

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    So shouting that the sky is falling in ignorance of the true picture is acceptable to you?
    AAAARRRRGGGG! I am NOT shouting that the sky is falling, or anything of the sort. What? do you libs have a 'blow it out of proportion' gene or something?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •