Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 136

Thread: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

  1. #21
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    The occupy movement did not start on its own organically. There were leaders despite the claim that there wasnt any leaders.
    george-soros-fund-management.jpg

    You rang?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Violence, and images of violence, destruction of private and public property, disregard for lawful order, rape, theft, cultural Marxism is what OWS has come to stand for.
    You forgot the kitchen sink and the antichrist's rise to power...

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Eh, after going to two of them, one in New Haven, and one BIG one in NYC, I can say that there are about....3% there who put in some effort before voting, in order to prevent the accent of the same old garbage.
    Sort of my point. If they REALLY want change, ****ting on cop cars and breaking a few windows isnt going to incite progress...its just going to turn what supporters you had against you.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Oh, ha-ha... I get it. Soros is to OWS as the Koch bros were to TeaParty....

    Yeah, real funny... The way you just made up something you wished were true so you could make a valid point...


    I won't even bother to point out you failed to included links or proof, because I know none exist.



  5. #25
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Oh, ha-ha... I get it. Soros is to OWS as the Koch bros were to TeaParty....

    Yeah, real funny... The way you just made up something you wished were true so you could make a valid point...


    I won't even bother to point out you failed to included links or proof, because I know none exist.


    Yep, bet you can't wait to spring your quotes and links to Mediamatters and Thinkprogress on him to prove your baseless allegations, right ??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #26
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Oh, ha-ha... I get it. Soros is to OWS as the Koch bros were to TeaParty....

    Yeah, real funny... The way you just made up something you wished were true so you could make a valid point...


    I won't even bother to point out you failed to included links or proof, because I know none exist.


    Yes, because we know these people, who can't garner enough self-motivation to get up before noon and take a bath, let alone apply for a job, are financing and organizing these protests.

    Pillars of the community, those OWS folks, eh?

  7. #27
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    The goal of the protest was to occupy a publically owned abandoned building and turn it into a community center. It turned violent when the police shot tear gass and rubber bullets into the crowd.

    The burning of the American flag, while regrettable, has nothing to do with Occupy as a whole. It was, however, a direct response to police brutality and it's quite clear, by reading some of the replies of this thread, that conservatives and liberals alike feel they have the moral highground over the protesters, yet they allow the government to kill in the name of that flag. How hypocritical.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  8. #28
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    The goal of the protest was to occupy a publically owned abandoned building and turn it into a community center. It turned violent when the police shot tear gass and rubber bullets into the crowd.

    The burning of the American flag, while regrettable, has nothing to do with Occupy as a whole. It was, however, a direct response to police brutality and it's quite clear, by reading some of the replies of this thread, that conservatives and liberals alike feel they have the moral highground over the protesters, yet they allow the government to kill in the name of that flag. How hypocritical.
    Oh please....How many OWS protesters have been been "killed by the government, in the name of the flag"? Oh, and gas is spelled with one 's'....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    The goal of the protest was to occupy a publically owned abandoned building and turn it into a community center. It turned violent when the police shot tear gass and rubber bullets into the crowd.

    The burning of the American flag, while regrettable, has nothing to do with Occupy as a whole. It was, however, a direct response to police brutality and it's quite clear, by reading some of the replies of this thread, that conservatives and liberals alike feel they have the moral highground over the protesters, yet they allow the government to kill in the name of that flag. How hypocritical.
    Do you have anything else to add to that convoluted post?

    Any other noise about how the OWS is blameless and the police are the boogeymen?

  10. #30
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    The goal of the protest was to occupy a publically owned abandoned building and turn it into a community center. It turned violent when the police shot tear gass and rubber bullets into the crowd.
    That's not their building. Too bad, so sad. Just because you say, "oooh! I want it" and then run off to claim it, doesn't mean your decision has any legitimacy.

    that conservatives and liberals alike feel they have the moral highground over the protesters, yet they allow the government to kill in the name of that flag. How hypocritical.
    They generally have a moral high ground over the protesters because they aren't causing public disturbances, diverting vital police resources, and destroying public or private property.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 01-31-12 at 07:44 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •