Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 136

Thread: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Glad to have you acknowledge that your opinions are outside the mainstream. I can agree with you there!
    Outside the mainstream? In fact that attitude is mainstream.

    Poll: Most Americans Don't Trust Government - CBS News

    And it's the idiots who support OWS who support more corruption.

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    This kind of scenario annoys me. I just now saw on the news that 50 OWS members were just arrested for breaking into a government building and destroying property. The thing about liberals in general is that they say you can't blame the OWS for any of the numerous acts of violence, YET, if the TP were to have 100 members rampage through the city, you'll see these same liberals banter about it. Utter hypocrisy.
    I've defended the OWS a few times on this forum, never had to with the Tea Party (now that's ironic also). I support anyone that peacefully protests even when I disagree with what they say. I have never excused OWS violent actions however. Unless that "violent act" was them sitting down and not moving. Note the quotes around violent act there. The reason I put quotes is because for me sitting down and not moving is not a violent act...but there are members here that believe that it is. *shrug* Go figure.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #103
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Here is how FFA describes the OWS:
    The main message that is heard from the occupy movement indeed says that our government is beyond fixing, because they insist that corporation are calling the shots. Havent you been paying attention? Why do you think that I have been suggesting that Liberals start their own movement?

    the basic fact that all of the occupy groups are calling for participatory democracy is proof solid that occupiers are calling for replacement of our system. In order for the US to have the participatory democracy that the occupiers are insisting on we would need to start over with how everything is done in our government. Now on top of that they also insist that we should replace our corrupt government with general assemblies, because to them it is the only way that participatory democracy can work.

    BTW OWS = About | NYC General Assembly # Occupy Wall Street as opposed to the phrase the occupy movement, which is all of the occupy groups nationally, and internationally. If you are just talking about OWS then my observations are even easier to assert.

  4. #104
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    The main message that is heard from the occupy movement indeed says that our government is beyond fixing, because they insist that corporation are calling the shots. Havent you been paying attention? Why do you think that I have been suggesting that Liberals start their own movement?

    the basic fact that all of the occupy groups are calling for participatory democracy is proof solid that occupiers are calling for replacement of our system. In order for the US to have the participatory democracy that the occupiers are insisting on we would need to start over with how everything is done in our government. Now on top of that they also insist that we should replace our corrupt government with general assemblies, because to them it is the only way that participatory democracy can work.

    BTW OWS = About | NYC General Assembly # Occupy Wall Street as opposed to the phrase the occupy movement, which is all of the occupy groups nationally, and internationally. If you are just talking about OWS then my observations are even easier to assert.
    I disagree. The Declaration of the Occupation of NYC, which is kinda like the OWS bible, doesn't say anything about our government being hopelessly corrupt, but that we need to assert ourselves into the democratic process which means protests, marches, civil disobediance, etc.

    Of course, there will be all sorts of different opinions because OWS is an all inclusive, leaderless movement. It's also an experiment which means we don't know if its actually going to work.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  5. #105
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    I disagree. The Declaration of the Occupation of NYC, which is kinda like the OWS bible, doesn't say anything about our government being hopelessly corrupt, but that we need to assert ourselves into the democratic process which means protests, marches, civil disobediance, etc.

    Of course, there will be all sorts of different opinions because OWS is an all inclusive, leaderless movement. It's also an experiment which means we don't know if its actually going to work.
    Its that same experiment that I am talking about. That experiment as defined by OWS is a type of anarchy. Logically the intention of the experiment is to create a new type of society and a new type of government. Obviously the intention of the experiment is to grow it as an replacement to the society and government that we have now. In fact OWS believes it is already replacing our system of government with the true voice of the people. They view their general assembly as doing what the forefathers of America did. They completely have discredited our government in their eyes and assert that our government is on the same level as the British.

    What I am saying is just me parroting the occupy movement. Im not making up anything that anyone with interest cant find on the occupy websites or Leftist forums. One obvious place to look and see what I mean is the site I already linked. another is My FDL | Home . FDL is a large contributor to the occupy movement. They provide financial help to the protesters.

    Articles like this: In Year of Uprisings, Reporters Brave Crackdowns from Wall St. to Tahrir Square | MyFDL try to paint a picture that the US government corrupted beyond repair. And despite those that think that the occupy movement is put on by a bunch of dirty hippies, the plan is well thought out.

    As you said the occupy movement is an collective movement. The only representation they have is a collective of ideas. Which is where I am getting my information.

    ANd then there is this:
    Global Square ~ Social Network For Activists Around The World Global Square is expected to be launched in January. To become a member of this social platform, you have to prove yourself trustworthy with the help of a sponsor. Let’s wait till January to see whether Global Square will be able to gather and unite more protestors and activists at the ‘global’ level or not.
    Not what you would call an open ended movement. They dont want anyone but those that have drank the kool-aid.

    Effecting Change (what to do: 2012 elections) - New World Networking Say Occupy The below-linked article was posted on August 9, 2011... but nothing has changed, it still holds true today (and for the past several decades).

    Essentially (having been for decades, mostly a covert global FASCIST operation), it began its U.S. overt debut with Reagan's first term in 1981. Both Democrats and Republicans are to culpable... question is what to do about it, come the 2012 election?
    Every occupier that I have talked to supports Anon. The message that Anon pimps is obviously in tune with my claims.


  6. #106
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    I forgot to add the recent propaganda by Leftist about the lesser of two evils. In this propaganda Leftists in and out of the occupy movement insist that the lesser of two evils claim justifies starting a revolution to take power away from those that they claim are in power. And Leftists are not shy about asserting that the solution would involve some type of Leftist government. And if they talk about reforming our current government, they want to change enough things to make it easy for Leftists to further their Hugo Chavez like revolution. BTW it is bazaar that Leftists cannot figure out that being an Chavez apologists discredits whatever it is they are talking about.

  7. #107
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    I don't understand how you can possibly put this all on OWS. But, then again, it's impossible to debate someone who has already drawn a conclusion. That's no way to learn anything.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  8. #108
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    I don't understand how you can possibly put this all on OWS. But, then again, it's impossible to debate someone who has already drawn a conclusion. That's no way to learn anything.
    Havent you already have came to the conclusion that OWS is innocent?

  9. #109
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Havent you already have came to the conclusion that OWS is innocent?

    Wrong question.

    I still don't see how any of this has to do with OWS. I said it once but, since you have chosen to remain ignorant, I will state it again: OWS is an all inclusive, leaderless movement. Therefore, it does not have a set, pre-designed plan for shaping society in it's image. The reason for this is because as it is an all inclusive, leaderless movement, there are many people with many different opinions. Anybody who claims to be speaking on behalf of OWS is lying. The FDL website, for example, might have it's own opinion and may have even contributed to OWS BUT that does not mean they speak for everyone in OWS. As far as your second post goes, that is just something you pulled out of your behind to try and dismiss OWS.

    Let me clarify though by saying that you would have a good point in everything you have said thus far, had it not been for the fact that you say that these things are what OWS is about. That is incorrect. If you want to know what OWS actually, factually stands for, you will have to read the Declaration of Occupation, which I had cited earlier which, to save you some time and energy because you probably will not take the effort to read it anyways, says NOTHING about creating a new society, abolishing the government, or anything that you just said.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  10. #110
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Oakland police arresting about 100 protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    Wrong question.

    I still don't see how any of this has to do with OWS. I said it once but, since you have chosen to remain ignorant, I will state it again: OWS is an all inclusive, leaderless movement. Therefore, it does not have a set, pre-designed plan for shaping society in it's image. The reason for this is because as it is an all inclusive, leaderless movement, there are many people with many different opinions. Anybody who claims to be speaking on behalf of OWS is lying. The FDL website, for example, might have it's own opinion and may have even contributed to OWS BUT that does not mean they speak for everyone in OWS. As far as your second post goes, that is just something you pulled out of your behind to try and dismiss OWS.

    Let me clarify though by saying that you would have a good point in everything you have said thus far, had it not been for the fact that you say that these things are what OWS is about. That is incorrect. If you want to know what OWS actually, factually stands for, you will have to read the Declaration of Occupation, which I had cited earlier which, to save you some time and energy because you probably will not take the effort to read it anyways, says NOTHING about creating a new society, abolishing the government, or anything that you just said.
    I tried the rational approach a while back, its not going to work in this case.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •